Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Colin Powell endorses gay marriage (huge plug for Obama)

Colin Powell endorses gay marriage

By: Tim Mak
    May 23, 2012 04:38 PM EDT
    Former Secretary of State Colin Powell supports same-sex marriage — and he doesn’t necessarily believe the issue should be left up to states.
    “I have no problems with it,” Powell, who served under George W. Bush, says in an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that airs in full at 5 p.m. Wednesday. “I don’t see any reason not to say that [same-sex couples] should be able to get married under the laws of their state or the laws of the country.”
    Earlier this month, President Barack Obama endorsed same-sex marriage, saying, “For me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married and I continue to believe that this is an issue that is going to be worked out at a local level.”
    “In terms of the legal matter of creating a contract between two people that’s called marriage,” Powell said Tuesday, “and allowing them to live together with the protection of law, it seems to me is the way we should be moving in this country. And so I support the president’s decision.”
    Powell was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff when “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” was implemented in 1993. The retired four-star general said Wednesday that he thought of DADT as a compromise that improved the status quo at the time.
    “It was the Congress that imposed ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,’ it was certainly my position, my recommendation to get us out of an even worse outcome that could have occurred,” Powell told Blitzer.
    In February 2010, Powell announced that he supported the repeal of DADT.
    “In the almost 17 years since the ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ legislation was passed, attitudes and circumstances have changed,” said Powell at the time.

Colin Powell endorses gay marriage - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I gave up on Powell when I found out he convinced Pres G H Bush to NOT invade Baghdad and remove Sadam Hussein during the first Persian Gulf War. We were already there, had the international troops, and had already routed the Red Guard. But Powell said back off. So, Junior had to go in and finish the job a decade or so later with the loss of more of our men and women, and at a much greater cost in dollars (you don't round up and deploy a major invasion force on the cheap. That is why already being there with a multinational, multifunded force is significant. ) I would not ask Powell for the time of day, because I would not trust his answer.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman View Post
    I gave up on Powell when I found out he convinced Pres G H Bush to NOT invade Baghdad and remove Sadam Hussein during the first Persian Gulf War. We were already there, had the international troops, and had already routed the Red Guard. But Powell said back off. So, Junior had to go in and finish the job a decade or so later with the loss of more of our men and women, and at a much greater cost in dollars (you don't round up and deploy a major invasion force on the cheap. That is why already being there with a multinational, multifunded force is significant. ) I would not ask Powell for the time of day, because I would not trust his answer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Each JCS General officer BEGGED George W. Bush NOT to invade Iraq. That travesty has been the worst military quagmire in the history of the United States, and will take the better half of this century to recover from.

Also, Laura Bush has written her autobiography about how she secretly supported not just gay homosexual rights, but ALSO abortion throughout the entire time she and George W. Bush lived in the White House.

Does this tell you anything?

Iraq Quagmire: That, George Bush, knew!

Cheney in 1994 on Iraq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY&feature=player_embedded
    Last edited by HAPPY2BME; 05-24-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn