Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let's not forget Black Death or the Plague. There was a woman in L.A. this year who contracted this early this year
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    That's all we can do - is keep chipping away!!! Glad to hear it.
    Thank you. Cheyenne Woman. You raised my morale. I handwrite letters to elected officials and get crap back in the mail. But, at least, I'm chipping away (hopefully, along with others doing the same thing). Example - trying to change Kay Bailey Hutchison's mind is like trying to stuff hot butter up a wildcat's ass; but, at least, I can say I tried to do it, and get some sleep at night. Thanks again, Cheyenne Woman.
    Coto - I gotta tell you that is one heck of a visual (the hot butter). I'm still trying to picture it and can't stop laughing. THANK YOU FOR THAT

And I'm glad I could help a little.

I can't quit!! Plain and simple!! Because if I do, I might as well just roll over and die.

I cry on a regular basis thinking about what kind of world I'm leaving my children and my grandchildren -- it absolutely breaks my heart. I was one of those "too busy" people who helped let this happen.

I want my children and grandchildren to be able to look at me and say "she died trying".

Hi CheyenneWoman.

I can't quit!! Plain and simple!! Because if I do, I might as well just roll over and die.
    I agree.

I will NOT stop as long as I can function. Then, I will have no regrets, because I will know that I contributed and did what I could....

I leave you with one quote...

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke:
    (patbrunz uses this quote)
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Someone here mentioned Florida statistics on TB so I got curious and went to the state health web site to look up the trends. Here is what I found. In the second pie chart, it appears the majority of cases are in the black population. I don't understand the first pie chart and how it relates to the second one because in the first pie chart, it indicates that most cases were among the WHITE population and yet there was no statistical designation specifically for Hispanics in the first pie chart. Does this mean they lumped hispanics in with whites for the first pie chart?
    (The site won't let me capture the image for posting so go to this site and look at page 4 of 10: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Disease_ctrl ... cs2005.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ForFutureGens2
    Someone here mentioned Florida statistics on TB so I got curious and went to the state health web site to look up the trends. Here is what I found. In the second pie chart, it appears the majority of cases are in the black population. I don't understand the first pie chart and how it relates to the second one because in the first pie chart, it indicates that most cases were among the WHITE population and yet there was no statistical designation specifically for Hispanics in the first pie chart. Does this mean they lumped hispanics in with whites for the first pie chart?
    (The site won't let me capture the image for posting so go to this site and look at page 4 of 10: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Disease_ctrl ... cs2005.pdf
    And this chart was even more confusing because it shows a higher incidence of TB among US BORN people than foreign born people, and for every single year from 1994 to 2005.
    http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Disease_ctrl ... rn2005.pdf

(chart on page 2 of 10)

ForFutureGens2,

Welcome to ALIPAC! BTW, I like your moniker!

Does this mean they lumped hispanics in with whites for the first pie chart?
    I can't speak for how the statistics were either gathered, nor listed.

I can only speak from my personal experience.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Banned
    It would seem that black hispanic equals 2% overall and white hispanic 23%. Combining those figures and allowing for some 'rounding' would give you the total of 26% of the overall population.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    It would seem that black hispanic equals 2% overall and white hispanic 23%. Combining those figures and allowing for some 'rounding' would give you the total of 26% of the overall population.
    Ok, I see that, thanks. What I don't really get though is the inference that the majority of TB cases are among white and black U.S. born people. All the resources in the "News" section (links to articles, etc) point to the Hispanic population. Maybe what they mean is that these illnesses are brought in and circulated by Hispanics and other foreigners but that because of the majority of Americans being white and black (when combined), these white and black U.S. born populations have the largest number of reported cases. Yes?

Banned
    Although the data doesn't deal with your question as it relates to reported cases and NOT their origination, I would guess that you are correct. I also think the number of TB-MDR cases directly correlates to the influx of illegal aliens. TB-MDR takes 6 months and $250,000 to cure, as opposed to $2,000 for regular TB. I believe the National Institutes of Health has the actual statistics. I found them once before by searching their website.

For Coto and others in this thread:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074252 ... e&n=283155

Bill Frist wrote a book a couple years back - specifically about bioterrorism.
    Although I don't like Frist at all (especially for his views about the topic of concern here), he did write a reasonably good read on the bio-terror subject. Which, perplexes me a bunch - how can a guy who is expertly trained in the subject matter totally ignore the ongoing development and spread of 3rd world pathogens coming into the US via movement of illegal aliens?

The context of the book was the introduction of diseaes from intentional
    terror-motivated acts; but heck, we're already getting many deadly diseases by people who just happen to 'come here and want to work' - not having passed any physical or formal screening process. This is not good.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast