Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Compton, CA. : White deputy sues for racial discrimination

Compton: White deputy sues for racial discrimination

From wire service reports
    Posted: 03/23/2010 07:31:25 AM PDT

A white sheriff's deputy suing the county for racial discrimination testified today that he could not count on any of his Latino colleagues from the Compton station to come to his aid in the field, while at the station he was generally ostracized and considered a snitch.

"I felt like I could clear a room when I walked in," Deputy Richard Wade told a Los Angeles Superior Court jury. "People didn't want anything to do with me because they thought I was a rat."

Richard Wade and his twin Ryan Wade, both 33, sued the county in July 2008, alleging harassment, retaliation, discrimination and a failure of the Sheriff's Department to correct the problem.

The two say their mistreatment was partly due to being white. The brothers also say the harassers resented their close association with two non- Latino lieutenants, Seiko Tokuda, who is Japanese, and Ernie Booker, who is black and has since retired.

The two also say they were disliked because their father, retired South Gate police Sgt. Richard Wade Sr., complained about mistreatment of all minorities at the Compton station and testified on behalf of those suing SGPD for discrimination. When the news reached the Compton station, it led to the Wades being labeled snitches, according to the lawsuit.

The brothers maintain the harassment ranged from threatening remarks to putting cheese on Ryan Wade's private car, suggesting he was a "rat" or a snitch.

Ryan Wade maintains that Deputy Edward Clark, who is half Latino and half white, told him: "I hope you don't have to catch a bullet before you get the message. Compton is a dangerous place. You never know where it will come from."

Richard Wade testified he expected Clark to come to his aid while answering a 911 call, which the witness said are "inherently dangerous."

The deputy said Clark never showed up, so he confronted him about it.

"He told me he didn't know there was a call," Richard Wade said.

The deputy said he had to fight to get extensive time off to be with his daughter after she was born with hip dysplasia.

According to the suit, Deputy Sam Orozco, a Latino who had been an Explorer with South Gate police as a teenager, hated the Wades' father. Once while in the field with Richard Wade, he grabbed the latter's shooting hand after he had drawn his gun and told him he should point it at the deputy in front of him, exposing the other deputy to possible injury or death from an accidental discharge, according to the suit.

The Wades' attorneys maintain that despite good performance ratings, they were transferred from the Compton station to the Community College Bureau, a less prestigious posting where promotions are more difficult to obtain.

http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_14739486
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    So Compton is their little Mexico, corrupted police on the take maybe? Gangs have likely bought out these police, and the non-Latino officers were in their way to having full control.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can totally believe this, I have been harassed by Latino officers in my town.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GOOD! I hope he nails their balls to the walls!

Ryan Wade maintains that Deputy Edward Clark, who is half Latino and half white, told him: "I hope you don't have to catch a bullet before you get the message. Compton is a dangerous place. You never know where it will come from."
    Sounds like a threat to me.

Wake up people, this is what's in store for anyone who does not look latino.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

more to come

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    There is corruption in many places, even in police/sheriffs departments, in many places in this nation. We have seen it up here with ours, but, not so in this way, and in this bold of a way, which seems oh-so Mexico style.

I have noticed that they are brave and bold when they are a majority, but as soon as they are alone, they will mind their mouth and manners. Although, even when confronted, with their "friends around, still they will back down (my husband had his finger in the chest of the manager of our complex, who had been openly harassing our son, and not one of the other guys standing around would come to his rescue).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)