Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Pinestrawguy wrote:

MW,

I'd like to see it that way, but I just can't. You postulate these camps being for illegals, but I think if that were the case they'd be being USED, don't you think? Hundreds of thousands of beds going UNSLEPT IN, yet many of these camps are FULLY manned. Since we are NOT SHORT of detention beds, we must conclude that those beds are not intended for 'alien' detention. We want to DEPORT them, not 'detain' them.

If they're NOT for the aliens, WHO'S LEFT?
    You're not considering what I said about an amnesty getting passed (what a terrible thought):

Hey, has anyone even considered the possibility that our government is preparing to have massive roundups of illegal immigrants. Let's for a minute assume that an amnesty bill is passed. Now, everyone knows that not every illegal immigrant is going to qualify for amnesty as defined by S. 2611. Face it, millions of illegals either have deportation orders on them, are late arrivals (last couple years), and/or are other criminal types. These people will not meet the requirements of any amnesty that could be shoved down our throats.

If President Bush does manage to get his amnesty, he knows that those not meeting the requirements will have to be dealt with. Those people are not going to go home on their own. Furthermore, I seriously suspect our government is well aware that the reported 11-12 million illegal immigrant number is way off the mark.
    You and I both know that there are probably at least 20-30 million illegal immigrants in the United States. The amensty, as defined in S. 2611, will not cover near that many. How would you propose the government deal with the 15 million or so that won't meet the eligibility requirements for an amensty? For any plan to be fully comprehensive it has to deal with every aspect of the situation. We know those that won't qualify for the amnesty aren't just going to pack their bags and go home. Those folks will have to be forcefully expelled from the country, which is going cause an extreme taxing of our courts. Yes, many of these folks that don't agree to voluntarily being deported will have to wait their turn to see the judge - they'll have to be detained somewhere - and the jails aren't going to hold them all. I'm with every ALIPAC member in praying an amnesty never gets approved, but if one is approved, there has to be a plan to deal with those not eligible.

Additionally, you failed to comment on my remarks regarding shipping captured terrorist to prisons inside our interior. Perhaps the U.S. is getting ready to make an extreme push in Iraq and expects to acquire hundreds of thousands of aledged terrorist. This could explain the shipping boxcars and shackles another poster commented about. It wouldn't be a good policy to pack too many terrorist suspects in one region, so maybe they plan on spreading them out. Just a thought.

I'm sorry, but I just can't buy into the theory that these camps are going to be used for American citizens. IMHO, it is not even logical to think that the U.S. House and U.S. Senate would ever agree to such. Plus, the United States military would never perform a mass round-up of fellow citizens, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, cousins, etc. We're not a third world country, not yet anway.

I know it doesn't seem like it, but all our elected represenatives don't share a brain - they are not a collective. Hell, they probably can't even agree on what to have for lunch - no way they would buy into the scenario you're describing. President Bush may be an idiot, but I don't really think he's the axis of evil that some would have us think.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    minnie wrote:

OR maybe to hold the citizens who don't agree with the goverment's views.
    Heck, our government doesn't even agree with our government's views.

Our government is not President Bush, nor is it the U.S. Senate or House. Our government is bigger than any one man or group. The system, as designed, is what prevents what some are theorizing here. Our founding fathers deserve some credit for the system they set into place.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You have to tell this to the 2 border patrol guys, because they went after a drug smugler and have gotten 10 years in jail while the smugler got imunity to testify against them .
    and to the other "Dog...." (I can't remember his name) in California who got that rapist from Mexico and now is facing deportation to a Mexican jail.

We have run up the price on the housing we live in, like we did with stock before the Great Depression.

Maybe the camps are to hold people until they can fit them into a job somewhere if another depression hits.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    We have run up the price on the housing we live in, like we did with stock before the Great Depression.

Maybe the camps are to hold people until they can fit them into a job somewhere if another depression hits.
    Thats a good one! with first class tickets on a train that has no seats but rows of shackles. No I think something much more sinister is going on.Anyone who doubts this do a goggle search for Gundersen Railcars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12