Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Congress near passing sex offender law

Jul 20, 2006, 21:19 GMT

NEW YORK, NY, United States (UPI) -- Congress appears ready to pass a sweeping bill making it easier to track convicted sex offenders, a report said.

One major aspect of the legislation would be the creation of a national Internet database dedicated to keeping tabs on sex offenders. It also would strengthen some penalties, including allowing the death penalty for those who murder child victims.

The aim, USA Today said Thursday, is to help police locate more than 100,000 such offenders who are registered but haven`t updated their whereabouts.

About 563,000 sex offenders are registered nationwide.

Copyright 2006 by United Press International
    http://news.monstersandcritics.com/nort ... fender_law
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

100,000 such offenders who are registered but haven`t updated their whereabouts.
    Oh....that's reassuring.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    100,000 such offenders who are registered but haven`t updated their whereabouts.
    Oh....that's reassuring.
    This caught my attention:

It also would strengthen some penalties, including allowing the death penalty for those who murder child victims.
    That isn't the law now

No, not the law.

Personally I believe that ANYONE who preys on a child, whether the poor child dies or not, should be sentenced to death. It has been proven these kind of people cannot be rehabilitated. The are released only to victimize children again and again until they are caught again.

Easy way to track them: Tag them.

And no, I have no compassion at all for scum who prey on children.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    No, not the law.

Personally I believe that ANYONE who preys on a child, whether the poor child dies or not, should be sentenced to death. It has been proven these kind of people cannot be rehabilitated. The are released only to victimize children again and again until they are caught again.
    If our country hadn't been hijacked by sleaseballs from the ACLU, NLG, and assorted fifth columnists.

All sex offenders-and by that I mean pederasts and recidivist rapists specifically-should be lobotomized.

There is a modification I do think needs to be made. And that is like when it's an 18 yr. old guy that's been with and dating a girl that's a year younger and mom and pop want to destroy the guy coz the daughter got pregnant. To me that's not a child molester or sex-offender. It used to be shot gun wedding time. I don't know how prevelent that is but I have heard there are a few places that really stick it to the guy in a consenting peer relationship.

Just like getting busted at school with asprins isn't in the same catagory as being caught with cocaine.

There are some states that require you to register as a sex offender if you committed a violent crime and sex wasn't in the picture.

Otherwise I agree that rapists and child molesters should never see the light of day again coz they really do appear to not be able to be helped.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

lobotomized, that is a good idea, maybe Senator Kennedy would go for that since his parents had a lobotomy performed on Teddy's sister because she was "out of hand"! I can think of another possibility, castration. Or better yet for every predator that is let loose by the parole board due to "good behavior" those parole board members should be held responsible or the predators paroled to the homes of the parole board members for at least 1 yr so their behavior can be closely monitored by those responsible for letting them loose on society! If people want the job of working on the parole board, they should also have to accept responsibility for "their" actions and what it means to the victims of our society.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    I can think of another possibility, castration.
    Castration-chemical or surgical-wouldn't work, since this is not a physiological ailment.

It's a mental illness.

Compulsion that escalates if not treated. Treatment is not a sure thing either.

Dixie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast