Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Congressman says constituent calls are harassment!

This was posted by someone at SodaHead and I thought I'd share it:

by Capitol Confidential
    Yesterday, I decided to call Rep. John Garamendi’s (CA-10) office in Washington, D.C. He’s my representative and I wanted to voice my opposition to the Senate Health Care Bill. I spoke with a female staffer and politely told her that, while I support health care reform, I oppose the Senate Bill because it wasn’t true “reform.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, in that case, I've been harassing my congresswoman's staff all week and will continue to do so.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Small things occasionally illuminate how close to a tyranny this government has become. This anecdote is one of those things.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

a misjudgement

You forgot one thing. what did you offer in the way of enumeration in order to be heard? YOU should know by now that these people do not feel as if they have to answer to us. if you had have offered a plane ride, a low interest loan, a deal on a piece of real estate, or an ALL EXPENSES PAID trip to the Bahamas, you might have had better luck. it pains me to say this; but we should know, AND THEY DEFINITELY KNOW THAT THAT'S HOW THE MERRY GOES ROUND.

http://ourcaucus.com/article1.html

a fellow patriot

p.s. HE IS MY REPRESENTATIVE TOO and i am placing a phone call as soon as i submit this post!

P.S.S. I just got off the phone with the same receptionist in Garamendi's Washinton, DC office and she was really nice. i told her i didn't have any plane rides or low interest loans to offer and that i realized that handicapped me from the start; but that for whatever it was worth to put me in the NO column on Obamcare and try not to lose the sticky note.

oh yes. she said that you were basically a RAVING LUNATIC. my words. not hers...really?

During my final contact with Mr. Garamendi’s staff, it was confirmed to me that he would vote for the Senate Bill no matter what. I was told that I was wasting my time by calling. Mr. Garamendi is a junior member of the House of Representatives. He was just elected via a special election last November. He has made it clear that he is willing to forsake his constituents in order to please the Speaker of the House.
    "The Founding Fathers risked their lives in order to escape the tyranny and imperial oppressiveness of the British Empire. They dreamed of a country where all men were created equal. They believed that all citizens were endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights that among them were Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. They did their best to create a country where everyone had an equal opportunity to succeed or fail. It is said that, at the close of the Constitutional Convention, a woman approached Benjamin Franklin and asked him what type of government had been decided upon by the delegates. Franklin stated:

"We have given you a Republic, if you can keep it."

Franklin also deemed that the Constitution could only endure as long as the citizens themselves could sustain it:"

Has our Constitution come to an end ?