Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Congressmen who voted to give illegal aliens credit cards

House Rules Panel Denies Immigration-Reduction Votes on Spending Bills
    Published for Thursday, July 16, 2009, 1:15 PM

Congressmen Who...

Voted Against Giving Credit Cards to Illegal Aliens
    Published for Thursday, July 16, 2009, 1:15 PM
    Sen. Vitter's Amendment to Prevent Illegal Aliens from Acquiring Credit Cards
    Yes
    A "yes" vote would prevent illegal aliens from getting credit cards. No
    A "no" vote allows illegal aliens to get credit cards.
    Voted YES Count: 28
    (AL) Sessions
    (AL) Shelby
    (AZ) Kyl
    (AZ) McCain
    (GA) Chambliss
    (GA) Isakson
    (IA) Grassley
    (ID) Crapo
    (ID) Risch
    (KS) Brownback
    (KS) Roberts
    (KY) Bunning
    (KY) McConnell
    (LA) Vitter
    (MO) Bond
    (MS) Cochran
    (MS) Wicker
    (NC) Burr
    (NE) Johanns
    (OH) Voinovich
    (OK) Coburn
    (OK) Inhofe
    (SC) DeMint
    (SC) Graham
    (SD) Thune
    (TX) Cornyn
    (WY) Barrasso
    (WY) Enzi

Voted NO Count: 65 OR to allow Illegal Aliens to get Credit Cards!
    (AK) Begich
    (AK) Murkowski
    (AR) Lincoln
    (AR) Pryor
    (CA) Boxer
    (CA) Feinstein
    (CO) Bennet
    (CO) Udall
    (CT) Dodd
    (CT) Lieberman
    (DE) Carper
    (DE) Kaufman
    (FL) Martinez
    (FL) Nelson
    (HI) Akaka
    (HI) Inouye
    (IA) Harkin
    (IL) Burris
    (IL) Durbin
    (IN) Bayh
    (IN) Lugar
    (LA) Landrieu
    (MA) Kerry
    (MD) Cardin
    (ME) Collins
    (ME) Snowe
    (MI) Levin
    (MI) Stabenow
    (MN) Klobuchar
    (MO) McCaskill
    (MT) Baucus
    (MT) Tester
    (NC) Hagan
    (ND) Conrad
    (ND) Dorgan
    (NE) Nelson
    (NH) Gregg
    (NH) Shaheen
    (NJ) Lautenberg
    (NJ) Menendez
    (NM) Bingaman
    (NM) Udall
    (NV) Ensign
    (NV) Reid
    (NY) Gillibrand
    (NY) Schumer
    (OH) Brown
    (OR) Merkley
    (OR) Wyden
    (PA) Casey
    (PA) Specter
    (RI) Reed
    (SD) Johnson
    (TN) Alexander
    (TN) Corker
    (UT) Bennett
    (UT) Hatch
    (VA) Warner
    (VA) Webb
    (VT) Sanders
    (WA) Cantwell
    (WA) Murray
    (WI) Feingold
    (WI) Kohl
    (WV) Byrd

Credit Cardholder's Bill of Rights Act of 2009 The House Rules Committee, in separate actions involving the FY2010 Energy and Water Appropriations bill (S 1436) and the Financial Services Appropriations bill (H.R. 3170), denied a floor vote on immigration-reduction amendments that would have helped protect American workers.

In drafting the rule that defines acceptable House floor amendments for the Energy and Water Appropriations bill, the Rules Committee refused to allow votes on amendments that would have required federal contractors to use the E-Verify program as a condition for receiving government funds [sponsored by Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.)], and prohibited agencies funded under the bill from hiring illegal aliens [sponsored by Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa)].

Under the rule for the Financial Services Appropriations bill, the Rules Committee denied a vote on an amendment sponsored by Rep. King that would have prohibited funds under the bill from being used to limit Federal, State or local law enforcement officials from communicating the citizenship or immigration status of any individual to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... bills.html

Illegal aliens should not have credit cards issued by any member bank or subsidiary or partner of any member bank of the Federal Reserve.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh, NC's Hagan is going to hear from me! I am so sputtering mad that I hope I will be able to point out how anti-American that vote was.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My letter to Sen. Hagan:
    Sen. Hagan:
    I must say I am beyond livid when hearing that you voted for giving illegal aliens credit cards. This gives them a form of identity they would not otherwise have. And, while our banks (the economic base) are in fragile condition as it is, allowing them to take this kind of risk makes no sense.
    What guarantees these people won’t run up huge debt they are unable or unwilling to pay, and then escape with the purchases back across the border, leaving our financial institutions to write off endless losses, and undoubtedly taxpayer dollars again will be used to bail them out of such stupidity.
    More Americans go jobless every day, so taxpayer dollars are continually diminishing. Printing more money and issuing more Treasury obligations serves no other purpose than increasing our debt and devaluing our formerly-respected US dollar.
    Illegal aliens are lawbreakers who premeditated coming to this country, and once here, worked when they are not allowed and get paid under-the-table to avoid income taxes, drive without licenses, etc., plus so many using stolen identities. What gives anyone the idea that these are upstanding citizens willing to repay their debts is beyond me.
    Sincerely,
    XXX
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    My letter to Sen. Hagan:
    Sen. Hagan:
    I must say I am beyond livid when hearing that you voted for giving illegal aliens credit cards. This gives them a form of identity they would not otherwise have. And, while our banks (the economic base) are in fragile condition as it is, allowing them to take this kind of risk makes no sense.
    What guarantees these people won’t run up huge debt they are unable or unwilling to pay, and then escape with the purchases back across the border, leaving our financial institutions to write off endless losses, and undoubtedly taxpayer dollars again will be used to bail them out of such stupidity.
    More Americans go jobless every day, so taxpayer dollars are continually diminishing. Printing more money and issuing more Treasury obligations serves no other purpose than increasing our debt and devaluing our formerly-respected US dollar.
    Illegal aliens are lawbreakers who premeditated coming to this country, and once here, worked when they are not allowed and get paid under-the-table to avoid income taxes, drive without licenses, etc., plus so many using stolen identities. What gives anyone the idea that these are upstanding citizens willing to repay their debts is beyond me.
    Sincerely,
    XXX
    Outstanding letter Vortex!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

not that it matters, but 7 people DID NOT VOTE

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    I just emailed Kyl and McCain. Asked them if they expected the next stimulus would include a bailout to the banks for defaults. We gave B of A a bailout after they gave cards and accounts to illegals a couple of years ago. Don't tell me there were not defaults. So, we ended up paying for it. Yet one more time big business gets to skate on their lousy decisions and we eat the bill.

Thanks, judy.
    And james62, didn't you hear that the seven not voting were in Argentina for a conference?