Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Conservative Facebook Employee Who Wrote Memo On "Intolerant" Liberals Quits

Conservative Facebook Employee Who Wrote Memo On "Intolerant" Liberals Quits

"We are a political monoculture that's intolerant of different views"

Thu, 10/11/2018 - 13:11
    33 SHARES

A Facebook engineer whose controversial memo on the company's "political monoculture" that is "intolerant" of conservatives, had quit his job according to Business Insider.
    Engineer Brian Amerige sent an internal message to co-workers on Wednesday, writing:
    "These problems can be solved — just not by me, not any more, at least. I care too deeply about our role in supporting free expression and intellectual diversity to even whole-heartedly attempt the product stuff anymore, and that's how I know it's time to go."

Brian Amerige
    Amerige goes on to say that he is starting a company with a friend "at the intersection of applied philosophy (epistemology, specifically) and technology."
    In August, Amerige - who identifies politically as an objectivist - came under fire for an internal memo denouncing the Silicon Valley's "intolerant" culture. "We are a political monoculture that's intolerant of different views ... we claim to welcome all perspectives, but are quick to attack — often in mobs — anyone who presents a view that appears to be in opposition to left-leaning ideology," he wrote.
    His memo led to the creation of "FB'ers for Political Diversity," a group of hundreds of conservative employees who came together to protest the company's liberal bias. Posters promoting the group began to appear across the company's campus, while debates over Facebook's political bias have broken out between employees.
    There have also previously been some incidents in which Facebook employees have refused to work with or talk to certain colleagues because of their political beliefs, an employee previously told Business Insider. -Busines Insider
    Friday will be Amerige's last day, according to his message.
    "I've been thinking about this for almost a year, and though a certain leak delayed me a bit, I know it's time for me to move on," he wrote.
    "I'm not leaving because 'it's time for something new.'" -Busines Insider
    Amerige wrote: "I'm leaving because I'm burnt out on Facebook, our strategy, our culture, and our product. Strategically, we've taken a stance on how to balance offensive and hateful speech with free expression. We've accepted the inevitability of government regulation. And we've refused to defend ourselves in the press. Our policy strategy is pragmatism — not clear, implementable long-term principles — and our <acronym title="Google Page Ranking">PR</acronym> strategy is appeasement — not morally earned pride and self-defense."
    He added: "While I remain as in love as ever with our mission and my colleague's nearly-always good intentions, I disagree too strongly with where we're heading on these issues to watch what happens next. These issues hang over my head each morning, and I don't want to spend all of my time fighting about them."
    The largely liberal Silicon Valley has drawn harsh criticism over allegations of political bias and punishment of conservative views.
    In July 2017, Google found itself at the centre of a political firestorm after engineer James Damore wrote an internal post decrying what he characterised as "Google's Ideological Echo Chamber," in which he attacked the company's diversity efforts. (Amerige has been described as "Facebook's aspiring James Damore.") Some conservatives also allege that social media firms are deliberately silencing and censoring non-liberal voices on their platforms. -Busines Insider

Here's Amerige on having personal values:

Youtube Video https://youtu.be/ldl2S2jV-sk

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...liberals-quits
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Former Facebook engineer who railed against liberal culture explains why he quit

By Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

Engineer explains why he left Facebook

A former senior Facebook engineer who wrote a memo earlier this year decrying the social media giant's "political monoculture" told Fox News on Tuesday night that the company has a "vocal minority" intent on implementing "social justice policies across our mission."

Brian Amerige, whose last day at Facebook was Friday, told Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight" that "you can't have conversations about ... anything that's a tenet of the social justice ideology, effectively, without being attacked personally." He added that the company's recent policy cracking down on so-called hate speech was a particularly sensitive topic.

"You can't even have conversations about that policy inside the company without having your character attacked -- and I've experienced this personally -- without being called a sexist or a racist or a transphobe or an Islamophobe," said Amerige.

DOZENS OF FACEBOOK EMPLOYEES CHALLENGE 'INTOLERANT' LIBERAL CULTURE

Amerige drew national attention in August when he penned an internal memo, "We Have a Problem With Political Diversity." The memo, which was later leaked to The New York Times, stated that Facebook employees "claim to welcome all perspectives, but are quick to attack — often in mobs — anyone who presents a view that appears to be in opposition to left-leaning ideology."

On Tuesday, Amerige said that Facebook executives had taken his concerns seriously and had worked with him to improve the hate speech policy. However, he said rank-and-file, left-leaning employees did not share his concerns.

"The real concerning thing that’s happening here is that even though this is a minority of employees in the company, unfortunately, I’m not sure that Facebook leadership knows how to push back against them," Amerige said. "They're unbelievably belligerent, demanding and hostile not just toward other employees, but toward Facebook leadership directly."

In an exit memo obtained by Business Insider, Amerige wrote, "I care too deeply about our role in supporting free expression and intellectual diversity to even whole-heartedly attempt the product stuff anymore, and that's how I know it's time to go. " On Tuesday, he criticized the hate speech policy as "dangerous" and "impractical."

"It’s impossible to define what something like hate speech is and it’s even harder to implement it and enforce it at Facebook’s scale," he said. "I think it’s a huge strategic misstep for a company whose product’s primary value is to promote free expression is trying to draw these lines."

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/faceboo...ns-why-he-quit

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I like this guy..
    Facebook Employees Rise Up To Liberal Bias, Mob Mentality & Political Diversity Problem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okaVded86mg
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn