Constituent Blasts Democrat Sens Warner, Kaine for Voting to Submit Gun Rights to UN

by AWR Hawkins 17 Apr 2014 56 post a comment

A constituent from Reva, Virginia, wrote an editorial blasting Senators Mark Warner (D-VA) and Tim Kaine (D-VA) for voting to subjugate the Second Amendment to the dictates of the United Nations via the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).

As Breitbart News reported on April 28, 2013, Warner and Kaine were two of 44 Democrat senators who voted for this measure. They were joined by Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Angus King (I-Maine).

In the editorial published on April 17th by the Star Exponent, the Virginia constituent wrote, "I find [it] remarkable ... that 46 voted in favor of the death of our 2nd Amendment. ... And [that] you, Senators Warner and Kaine, were on that list."
The constituent then asked the senators how they "could allow such a back-door, back-handed deceitful approach to nullify" the Second Amendment to begin in the first place.
He asked Warner and Kaine pointedly, "How is it that you do not feel in line with our traditions, our heritage, our culture, [and] our past which, yes, is necessarily linked with both self and national defense through firearms?"
On September 25th, Breitbart News reported NRA warnings that the ATT "urges record keeping of end users, directing importing countries to provide information to an exporting country regarding arms transfers, including 'end use or end user documentation' for 'a minimum of ten years.'" This information on end users is a de-facto registry and one that could be "made available to foreign governments."
Senators Warner and Kaine voted "yea."

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins . Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...n-Rights-To-UN