Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Could it be ROMNEY???

Pawlenty told he won't be McCain's VP
    Republican presidential candidate set to introduce his No. 2 at an Ohio rally

BREAKING NEWS
    NBC News and news services
    updated 8 minutes ago

DENVER - Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty has been told he won't be Republican presidential hopeful John McCain's running mate, NBC News' David Gregory reported Friday.

Earlier in the day, Pawlenty himself downplayed his chances.

"I'm not going to be there. I plan to be at the state fair. You can draw your conclusion from that," Pawlenty said on his weekly call-in radio show on WCCO-AM in Minneapolis.

Just hours before the Republican presidential candidate is set to introduce his No. 2 at an Ohio rally, McCain is keeping the name of his running mate a closely held secret.

There was no indication that another man considered among the leading contenders, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, was heading to Ohio. He spent Thursday courting donors in California.

All that raised the possibility that others, such as former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge or Democrat-turned-independent Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut, could be named, or that McCain could choose a wild card candidate from any number of prospects that have been mentioned since he clinched the GOP nomination in March.

The Arizona senator has decided on his choice for vice president early Thursday but the campaign has given no hint on his selection that will be announced on his 72nd birthday.

Republicans kick off their national nominating convention next week in St. Paul, Minn., and McCain's campaign hopes the announcement of his running mate will stunt any momentum that Democratic rival Barack Obama might get from the just concluded Democratic National Convention.

McCain was mum on the subject Thursday as he and his wife, Cindy, boarded a plane in Phoenix bound for Dayton.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26453942/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would be very surprised. I'm guessing Lieberman.

I'm hearing about Sara Palin governor of Alaska.Charter flight headed out of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    I would be very surprised. I'm guessing Lieberman.
    I would say, no way. As much as McLame loves Lieberman, he isn't stupid. Selecting Lieberman would destroy any conservative base he now has.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    I'm hearing about Sara Palin governor of Alaska.Charter flight headed out of Alaska.
    This would be a risky pick with the potential of high reward, as she has little experience, though does have more than Obama. She's a woman, so that would be a huge plus to the ticket but outside of Alaska, the country doesn't know who she is. With only 67 days left to the election, there isn't much time to get her well known. For overall experience and exceptional economic astuteness, Romney would be it. But, McCain detests Romney personally so as much as Romney brings to the ticket, McCain's ego would likely get in the way.

What a mess? Romney is McCain's only 'HOPE'.

MAYBE SARA PALIN CAN HELP, HIM.

Laura Ingraham said this morning on her show that all signs point to Palin.

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)
    Fingers crossed..

I'm HOPING for Mitt Romney..!!
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

Fox is saying its pretty much a done deal that Alaska's Governor is the pick.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Just goes to show you that either candidate is willing to say or do anything to get elected bar nothing.Although for the life of me I cant see why obama didn't pick hillary to seal the deal.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast