Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Craig to stay in office 'for now'

Craig says he'll stay in office 'for now'

Caleb Jones/ The Associated Press

Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, leaves his residence at a Yacht Club in Washington, Wednesday.

Joe Jaszewski / The Idaho Statesman
    Idaho Sen. Larry Craig announces his intent to resign his seat during a press conference Sept. 1 at the Boise Train Depot.

Check out the Idaho Statesman's complete coverage of the latest news on Sen. Larry Craig, including audio interviews and readers' comments
    Deborah Caulfield Rybak and Erika Bolstad - Idaho Statesman
    Edition Date: 09/26/07

Sen. Larry Craig says he will remain in office — for now. Fellow members of the Idaho congressional delegation say they support his decision not to quit by this weekend, but Republican leaders in Washington and Idaho Gov. Butch Otter greeted the news with silence.
    Craig’s said Wednesday that he would stay in office, presumably beyond the Sunday deadline he had set for his resignation, after a Minnesota judge heard testimony in Craig's request to withdraw his guilty plea in a men's room sex sting. The judge said he wouldn't rule before the end of next week.

“Today was a major step in the legal effort to clear my name,â€

Wow another Senator who stands by his word. If I lived in Idaho I would start a recall
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)