Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Credit card call from PANAMA!

OK I was making some beef stew and I get a call from HSBC bank and some woman speaking English horribly about "...some benefit I have with the card...". I finally ask her where she was and she says "Panama". I pretty much hung up and called the 800 number on the back of my credit card and I get a woman who speaks excellent English...but she tells me that she is in Manila, the Phillipines.

Well, we all know about the call centers in India but this is the first time I have ever been solicited from overseas. That I know of anyway? BTW I thought that if you were on a no call list with the FTC that solicitors could not call? Probably an exception from overseas.

Again, export jobs and import people. (Illegals who cross the border and those who overstay a valid visa mind you!)

I would look for a new credit card but hell they probably are using the call centers overseas as well. BTW There was an ad in the Bogota, Colombia newspaper 2 years ago looking for bi-linguals to work in some call center. I saw it and shook my head. Maybe this is why the CWA union is so anti-free trade with Colombia?

I also called the Trac-Fone number for assistance and got a woman in Belize who spoke English with sucjh a heavy accent I hung up.

BTW Had to take my daughter to the "Mexican" Catholic Church behind my house. Some group was singing and all Spanish speaking. There were like 4 Anglos in the whole building and the other 75 were all Hispanic. Anglo priest and anglo nun!

I cannot believe how this country is being invaded and sold. Then we have these three clowns for president. Hey Barack, the new scab is the ILLEGAL immigrant why did you march with them two years ago and then you go to Ohio and tell UNION members you are gonna change NAFTA?

BTW Anybody listen to Michael Savage on the radio. He is peeved about these 400 citizen kids that Texas Social services "kidnapped" from their parents. Mormon or not they have their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS! SAVAGE is right! It sounds like Nazi-germany. Any illegals in Texas?

One other thing, why do I see my tax dollars going for government commercials where some winter road crews find some guys stomach on the snow? Because the guy went out and did some exercise so he lost weight but why can't the government ICE run a television commercial with an 800 toll free number to report ILLEGALS? I can call the IRS and talk to someone? Why not a 800 number to report illegals and television commercials for that?

Credit Card numbers are not to go overseas. That is a blatant violation in current laws. In fact, all credit card numbers stored in any database MUST be encrypted. These regulations in the United States are not enforced over seas. Never ever give your credit card number up to anyone over the phone unless you are 100% sure who it is. And do ask them if they are in compliance or not.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

No! I did not give my number out. This woman called saying I had some benefit with the card so she was selling something or promoting something in the name of HSBC bank. I hung up on her but her English was horrible and calling from Panama....?

I just did a little homework on PCI compliance and it does appear that some companies overseas are following the compliance rules.

I have had situations where I was asked to send this kind of information over to a contractor in India and would not do it because of security. Now that I think about it, they may not have been compliant, but some of these call centers may be.....at least for what it is worth in a different culture.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

If a company has an ongoing account with you, I believe they are exempt
    from the no call list. You have to request via web or mail for them to remove you from marketing calls.

Just another case of people screaming for a law to protect them from annoying calls from salespeople that will not take no for an answer.
    And after our Congressman drag it out for as long as they can,this gives the call center industry lobby to the donate $$$ etc so the law has more holes then the fence on the border.

By the way the offshore credit card people that we call do not have our full
    Social Security Numbers they ask other questions to verify who we are.
    If they do ask or ask for the last 4 digits and then tell you its not what they have, this is a scam to get the info for ID theft.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Credit card call from PANAMA!

Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
    BTW I thought that if you were on a no call list with the FTC that solicitors could not call?
    Go to the National Do not Call web site and file a complaint.

I have filed quite a few and usually I get no more calls from them.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Here's another idea. Read Dave Ramsey's book "Total Money Make Over." His whole premise is "living like no one else does so that later you can live like no one else does." Become debt free.

He is also on Fox Business Channel at 5:00 PDT. He's really knowledgeable. He was a millionaire who lost it all. He rebuilt by learning to understand money and how it works. Not what you are told works but really works.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BTW Anybody listen to Michael Savage on the radio. He is peeved about these 400 citizen kids that Texas Social services "kidnapped" from their parents. Mormon or not they have their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS! SAVAGE is right! It sounds like Nazi-germany. Any illegals in Texas?
    Dude, those 400 kids are either being screwed or gonna be screwed by the sicko men in the cult! Would you want your 13 year old daughter to be screwed by a 50 -60 year old?

There's also NO schooling there after, I think, it's 4th grade. That keeps them from knowing anything. That's against the law too.

Their "moms" are breeders and welfare frauds. All the wives get welfare checks, it's another convient part of the scam of having so many wives and kids. So what part of that is ok by you or savage? Please tell me, as I can't EVEN imagine you would go along with this stuff????

It's not the government against a religion or it would have been dealt with years ago. These are not the good, Romney type, of Mormens!

There's the issue of the "Lost Boys" too. Boys are kicked out and homeless in cities, after the age of 14 or 15. That way there is no competition for the old men to get the little girls for themselves. The boys also have no education. It's a form of control. They are taught to have sex at a young age.

Have you even looked into the facts or are you taking the biggotry towards religion angle? This stuff has been common knowledge for years....... Good Lord.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Worried American: we have a right to due process in this country. If the state of TEXAS can prove that some men are violating the law then yes they should find those INDIVIDUALS and arrest them and charge them but to remove FOUR HUNDRED AT ONCE from their mothers worried American? Now the state can't find their young witness? LEAVE THEM ALONE if you have no proof! Taking 400 CHILDREN from their homes and mothers! Is this Germany 1939. SAVAGE IS RIGHT!

Sounds too much like WACO all over again. Maybe Pennslyvania authorities should take all the kids from one of those HUTTERITES communities if there are a few complaints. I would remind you that homosexuality in many places was and is illegal so why are they being allowed to adopt kids? OK back to immigration!

BTW The ILLEGAL immigrant community is trying to say that they have a right to DUE PROCESS as much as any citizen. How do you feel about that?

Michael Savage is right. There is a lot of hate towards Mormons and I would argue that this is why ROMNEY got nowhere in the election. Southern Huckabee Republicans kept a true conservative out of the race. BTW we folks that live near Mormons out WEST generally know them to be clean upright outstanding intelligent citizens! That is why MITT won in Colorado, MT, MN, WY. etc...........maybe McCain will pick him for VP?

Savage is just wrong about this. Those 400 kids are being abused. Of the 400, 100 were under the age of 4. Don't tell me that there is not some impropper procreation going on in that cult.

Thank God Texas aint like Utah.

They are getting their quick and speedy trials right now. A group of them were in court today. The children have been interviewed and all have attorneys.

Dixie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast