Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dad sorry for making 7yr old daughter stab her cat

Dad 'extremely sorry' for making 7-year-old daughter stab her cat

August 30, 2008Recommend (3)

BY ASSOCIATED PRESS
    MUNCIE, Ind. -- A man was sentenced to 18 months in prison after admitting he forced his 7-year-old daughter to kill the family cat by holding a knife in her hand and making her stab the pet.

''I am extremely sorry for what I did,'' Daniel J. Collins said during his sentencing Thursday. ''Everything is my responsibility.''

Collins, 39, pleaded guilty to a felony count of animal cruelty and two felony counts of neglect of a dependent. In exchange, prosecutors dropped three other felony charges.

''This is not civilized conduct,'' Judge Robert Barnet Jr. said as he sentenced Collins.

Under the plea agreement, Collins also must receive counseling and attend parenting classes and substance abuse treatment. The judge also prohibited Collins from owning a pet.

Collins was arrested March 13 after police said he forced his daughter to stab Boots, the family's 8-month-old cat. The girl and Collins' 11-year-old son said their father ordered them to stab the cat because he wanted them to ''learn to kill.''

Police said the boy tried to hide the cat from his father, but Collins found the animal and strangled it as his children watched.

Collins said he was intoxicated at the time and remembered little about what happened that day.

Deputy Prosecutor Judi Calhoun said she was outraged by the crime but agreed to the plea deal so that the children would not have to testify against their father.
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1136 ... 30.article
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is so digustingly totally SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such great values...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Under the plea agreement, Collins also must receive counseling and attend parenting classes and substance abuse treatment. The judge also prohibited Collins from owning a pet.
    Should add the kids to the list since he's obviously not a stable person. I can't fathom doing that to a child.....or the poor cat.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tough guy like to pick on small animals and kids does he?

Come and see me you sadistic piece of crap.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

The girl and Collins' 11-year-old son said their father ordered them to stab the cat because he wanted them to ''learn to kill.''
    WHY would he want them to learn to kill? Being drunk does not answer the question as to 'why?'. I'd be interested in finding out if he was a member of a cult or traitorous movement.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Where is the mother in all this? This judge should have removed parental rights from this slug of a human, as I am sure that those kids can never look at Daddy again and not remember.

ELE

Very upsetting story!

It upsets me to the core hearing about innocent creatures and/or people being tortured, hurt and/or killed. Very unsettling.

I hope his wife left him and that he never gets to see his kids again. That poor child must hate her father.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn