Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

David Horowitz Does Battle At Brooklyn College

http://american-rattlesnake.org/2011/03 ... n-college/

Today I decided to return to my old stomping grounds at Brooklyn College in order to witness a lecture delivered by acclaimed polemicist, writer, political and human rights activist, and former leader of the new left, David Horowitz. Invited to speak by student leader Yosef Sobel, and sponsored by Professor Langbert-both of whom can be seen below-Mr. Horowitz delivered an impassioned, but unerringly rational, defense of freedom of speech, pluralism, and diversity, all values under attack in the Middle East and on American campuses-the primary theme of the evening...
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

More from the source link:

He began by noting the extreme impediments he-and the people who attended his lecture-had to overcome in order to simply be in attendance. A particularly sarcastic Muslim student interrupted his introductory remarks-something that would recur approximately a dozen times during his hour long speech-to ask him why such security measures were necessary. His cogent response that these steps were “what checkpoints are about, making people feel safer,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One of the chief laments of David Horowitz throughout his speech was the lack of support he receives from mainstream, institutionalized Judaism within the United States. He cited as a glaring example of this problem campus Hillels, which should be a defensive bulwark against pro-Islamic, anti-Israel and anti-Semitic propaganda, yet routinely refuse to engage in the war that’s being waged against them by radical leftists and organizations such as the Muslim Students Association.
    The comment section had this in reference to the above quote:

Lauren on March 11, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I was there last night. I was denied entry, and thrown off campus because I had my Israeli flag with me. I was singled out by the female campus security officer who saw my folded up flag, and assumed what it was and told I could not open that up. Although I was shouted at by a Muslim woman as she entered the auditorium, because she heard me telling the police officer wanding me that I’d wear it around my neck instead, like “theyâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened in her case. I do know that the security was extensive. I knew the videographer and someone working security, and it still took me an hour to get inside of the library's auditorium AFTER I had my college I.D. confiscated.

New post, with working video footage!

http://thesilentmajority.wordpress.com/ ... tz-on-the-“israeli-palestinian-conflict-myths-and-factsâ€