Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

May I clarify that this organization's main focus is against illegal immigration, and were you to explore the archives there are plenty of posts about world-wide problems, currency manipulations and failures, the failure of our legal immigration policy and other topics too numerous to mention. These posts are probably more than any American is exposed to in one day through main stream media.
    Many of our economic woes in this country are caused by the increasing illegal population birthing citizen children to be able to supplement the income from the public dole. Your tax dollars and mine.
    Illegal immigration is an issue which should take a first and foremost position in the American voters' thought process as the lack of that focus will end up costing us a lot more than we are paying already.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal immigration...

I agree with you completely regarding the immigration issues, and I support this organization wholeheartedly in the effort to curb the insanity. My point however, is that Mr. Hayworth says and does what is politically expedient. He wasn't a staunch proponent of immigration control prior to 2005 when he had a book on the market to promote. Between the years 1994 and 2000, while he was in Congress amnesty was awarded to between 2.5 and 3 million illegals. During his 12 years in Congress, he did not focus on securing our borders.
    Numbers USA has a breakdown of Mr. Hayworth's voting record in relation to immigration matters. While there are many more 'positive' than 'negative', there are indeed some not so pro-American worker, curb-immigration statistics.

From NUmbers USA:

1996 Hayworth voted in favor of Chrysler-Berman Amendment to H.R.2202 supporting chain migration system

1996 Hayworth voted against the Gallegly Amendment to H.R.2202, which would havemade pilot workplace verification programs mandatory in five of the top seven immigration states.

1996 Hayworth voted for the Chabot Amendment to H.R.2202. He was part of a coalition of pro-business conservatives and liberal civil libertarians who tried to use the amendment to kill the establishment of a voluntary pilot programs in high-immigration states.

1996 Hayworth voted IN FAVOR of the Pombo Amendment to H.R.2202. He was voting for a massive new program that would have allowed agri-business to import up to 250,000 foreign farm workers each year.

1996 Hayworth supported continuing a guestworker program for foreign nurses through his vote IN FAVOR of the Burr Amendment to H.R.2202. Those favoring the amendment said many rural areas had a shortage of nurses and needed the foreign workers. The 262-154 majority, however, let the foreign nurses program end, contending that there are more than enough Americans trained in nursing to do the job if the pay and working conditions are appropriate.

1998 Hayworth helped the House pass H.R.3736. Enacted into law, it increased by nearly 150,000 the number of foreign workers high-tech American companies could hire over the next three years. Although the foreign workers receive temporary visas for up to six years, most historically have found ways to stay permanently.

1998 Before the House passed the H-1B doubling bill (H.R.3736), Rep. Hayworth had an opportunity to vote for a Watt Substitute bill that would have forbidden U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. Rep. Hayworth opposed that protection.

1999 Hayworth voted against the Trafficant Amendment to H.R. 1401. This amendment authorized the Secretary of Defense, under certain circumstances, to assign members of the Armed Forces to assist the Border Patrol and Customs Service only in drug interdiction and counter terrorism activities along our borders. The Traficant amendment passed by a vote of 242 to 181.

2000 Hayworth voted AGAINST enforcing the border by opposing the Traficant amendment to H.R.4205. This amendment authorizes the Secretary of Defense to assign, under certain circumstances, members of the Armed Forces to assist the INS with border control duties.

2001 Hayworth voted on the floor of the House IN FAVOR OF a motion to suspend the rules and pass H.R. 1885, a four-month extension of Section 245(i), which is a de facto amnesty in that current federal policy did not deport illegal aliens once they applied for Section 245(i) and allowed them to remain in the U.S. for years until they were allowed to become official immigrants.

2003 Hayworth voted for the Singapore Free Trade Agreement, H.R. 2739. The trade agreement would permit an unlimited number of Singaporeans to enter the U.S. each year as "treaty traders or investors" who are coming to the U.S. to carry on trade between the U.S. and Singapore or to "establish, develop, administer or provide advice or key technical services" to the operations of a business in which they have invested capital.

2003 Hayworth voted in favor of the Chile Free Trade Agreement, H.R. 2738. The trade agreement would permit an unlimited number of workers in Chile to enter the U.S. each year as "treaty traders or investors" who are coming to the U.S. to carry on trade between the U.S. and Chile or to "establish, develop, administer or provide advice or key technical services" to the operations of a business in which they have invested capital.

2005 Hayworth voted against the Obey amendment (H. Amdt. 144) to H.R. 2360, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill. The Obey amendment provided $100 million to fund grants under the REAL ID Act to assist States in conforming with minimum drivers’ license standards.

2005 Hayworth voted against H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005. H.R. 4437, as amended and passed, includes major improvements in interior enforcement and border security, as well as a reduction in legal immigration numbers.

I don't profess to claim that Jim Deakin would have opposed each of these issues, nor do I profess to claim that I have a thorough understanding of each. As far as I'm concerned, these votes, along with the issues described in the article that started this thread tell me that Mr. Hayworth has had his opportunity to make a difference, and has failed. I don't think he has earned the endorsement of this, or any other organization.
    All I'm saying is we need to look to others, especially at this crucial time in our history.
    There is a candidate in this race who hasn't previously failed us. Jim Deakin deserves an honest look, an honest chance to make a difference where others have not.

Re: Illegal immigration...

Quote Originally Posted by Ducalion
    I agree with you completely regarding the immigration issues, and I support this organization wholeheartedly in the effort to curb the insanity. My point however, is that Mr. Hayworth says and does what is politically expedient. He wasn't a staunch proponent of immigration control prior to 2005 when he had a book on the market to promote. Between the years 1994 and 2000, while he was in Congress amnesty was awarded to between 2.5 and 3 million illegals. During his 12 years in Congress, he did not focus on securing our borders.
    Numbers USA has a breakdown of Mr. Hayworth's voting record in relation to immigration matters. While there are many more 'positive' than 'negative', there are indeed some not so pro-American worker, curb-immigration statistics.

From NUmbers USA:

1996 Hayworth voted in favor of Chrysler-Berman Amendment to H.R.2202 supporting chain migration system

1996 Hayworth voted against the Gallegly Amendment to H.R.2202, which would havemade pilot workplace verification programs mandatory in five of the top seven immigration states.

1996 Hayworth voted for the Chabot Amendment to H.R.2202. He was part of a coalition of pro-business conservatives and liberal civil libertarians who tried to use the amendment to kill the establishment of a voluntary pilot programs in high-immigration states.

1996 Hayworth voted IN FAVOR of the Pombo Amendment to H.R.2202. He was voting for a massive new program that would have allowed agri-business to import up to 250,000 foreign farm workers each year.

1996 Hayworth supported continuing a guestworker program for foreign nurses through his vote IN FAVOR of the Burr Amendment to H.R.2202. Those favoring the amendment said many rural areas had a shortage of nurses and needed the foreign workers. The 262-154 majority, however, let the foreign nurses program end, contending that there are more than enough Americans trained in nursing to do the job if the pay and working conditions are appropriate.

1998 Hayworth helped the House pass H.R.3736. Enacted into law, it increased by nearly 150,000 the number of foreign workers high-tech American companies could hire over the next three years. Although the foreign workers receive temporary visas for up to six years, most historically have found ways to stay permanently.

1998 Before the House passed the H-1B doubling bill (H.R.3736), Rep. Hayworth had an opportunity to vote for a Watt Substitute bill that would have forbidden U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. Rep. Hayworth opposed that protection.

1999 Hayworth voted against the Trafficant Amendment to H.R. 1401. This amendment authorized the Secretary of Defense, under certain circumstances, to assign members of the Armed Forces to assist the Border Patrol and Customs Service only in drug interdiction and counter terrorism activities along our borders. The Traficant amendment passed by a vote of 242 to 181.

2000 Hayworth voted AGAINST enforcing the border by opposing the Traficant amendment to H.R.4205. This amendment authorizes the Secretary of Defense to assign, under certain circumstances, members of the Armed Forces to assist the INS with border control duties.

2001 Hayworth voted on the floor of the House IN FAVOR OF a motion to suspend the rules and pass H.R. 1885, a four-month extension of Section 245(i), which is a de facto amnesty in that current federal policy did not deport illegal aliens once they applied for Section 245(i) and allowed them to remain in the U.S. for years until they were allowed to become official immigrants.

2003 Hayworth voted for the Singapore Free Trade Agreement, H.R. 2739. The trade agreement would permit an unlimited number of Singaporeans to enter the U.S. each year as "treaty traders or investors" who are coming to the U.S. to carry on trade between the U.S. and Singapore or to "establish, develop, administer or provide advice or key technical services" to the operations of a business in which they have invested capital.

2003 Hayworth voted in favor of the Chile Free Trade Agreement, H.R. 2738. The trade agreement would permit an unlimited number of workers in Chile to enter the U.S. each year as "treaty traders or investors" who are coming to the U.S. to carry on trade between the U.S. and Chile or to "establish, develop, administer or provide advice or key technical services" to the operations of a business in which they have invested capital.

2005 Hayworth voted against the Obey amendment (H. Amdt. 144) to H.R. 2360, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill. The Obey amendment provided $100 million to fund grants under the REAL ID Act to assist States in conforming with minimum drivers’ license standards.

2005 Hayworth voted against H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005. H.R. 4437, as amended and passed, includes major improvements in interior enforcement and border security, as well as a reduction in legal immigration numbers.

I don't profess to claim that Jim Deakin would have opposed each of these issues, nor do I profess to claim that I have a thorough understanding of each. As far as I'm concerned, these votes, along with the issues described in the article that started this thread tell me that Mr. Hayworth has had his opportunity to make a difference, and has failed. I don't think he has earned the endorsement of this, or any other organization.
    All I'm saying is we need to look to others, especially at this crucial time in our history.
    There is a candidate in this race who hasn't previously failed us. Jim Deakin deserves an honest look, an honest chance to make a difference where others have not.
    Could you please provide the link to this information?

Thank you!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Numbers USA Data

A link to te data from my previous post:
    http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... Z&VIPID=44

Thank you Ducalion.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you....

You're quite welcome, thank you for taking the time to become an informed voter.

Belated welcome to the forum Ducolion!

Thank you for bringing me here

Thank you RedStateVoter. You posting my article here is what brought this site to my attention. I was surprised at how quickly 'W' here, the ALIPAC President or Administrator was to post a rebuttal to my support for Mr. Deakin, his post was less than an hour after you pasted it. I'm even more surprised at the lack of response after I've now posted a similar rebuttal to 'his' support for Mr. Hayworth. Interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12