Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Debt won't hurt U.S. credit rating, Geithner says

Debt won't hurt U.S. credit rating, Geithner says

WASHINGTON (AP) — Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner says the U.S. government "will never" lose its sterling credit rating despite big budget deficits and a newly increased debt limit that now tops $14 trillion.
    Geithner says in an interview broadcast Sunday that in times of economic crisis, international investors will continue to buy U.S. Treasury bonds because the bonds are a safe investment.

Moody's Investors Service recently issued a warning that the government's credit rating could eventually be in jeopardy if nation's finances don't improve. The cost of borrowing would increase significantly if the ratings service lowered the credit rating, also known as a bond rating, for U.S. Treasuries.

Geithner tells ABC's This Week that will never happen.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... hner_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Geithner needs a psychological exam soon. This guy must have been of the same mindset as so many who believed that the housing bubble would never burst and that housing prices would keep going up ad infinitem.
    The more money they keep printing to meet current obligations, the more the dollar gets devalued. We have seen this continually, even in agriculture when farmers overproduce and prices drop due to oversupply. I remember dairymen were pouring out the milk years ago to reduce supply and keep prices up.
    Funny that tightening the belt on spending (by Congress) has been given a passing mention, but no one takes that seriously.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow! I wish those rules applied to me. Wouldn't I be special if high debt to income ratios did not negatively affect my credit rating?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is great news! I think I will give my mortgage broker a call and let them know that Timmy Geithner says that a high debt to income ratio does not negatively affect Uncle Sam's credit rating!

So why should it affect mine?

WHO KNEW!!!

No debt,.......no money.

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any puddin'.

Got Constitution. Got constitutional money?

this just shows how CLUELESS this guy really can be and really is.

What classes of math did he take?