Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DeMint:Republicans to Push 'Bold' Ideas

DeMint: Republicans to Push 'Bold' Ideas

Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:00 PM

By: Ronald Kessler

Republicans in the new Congress will be pushing “boldâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Kessler is the reporter who is peddling amnesty as one of the "cures" for Republicans. DeMint, of course, is right that Republicans have to push core principles that appeal to all Americans -- a solid, logical strategy that Kessler apparently doesn't understand.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ok, it is very obvious that someone has bought off this traitor Kessler over at Newsmax.

What an idiot. John McCain promised the left wing of the Hispanic vote everything they could ever want and still got screwed.

If the GOP wants to attract Hispanic voters, they should appeal to the pro immigration enforcement Hispanic voters and not just copy the Democrat appealing to the pro amnesty Hispanics.

W

"Asked about the loss of the Hispanic vote in the last election, DeMint says, 'We obviously need to attract the Hispanic vote, but we need to do it with our core principles.'"

DeMint hopes to promote the roadmap proposals by going directly to the American people, using blogs, radio talk shows, and friendly newspapers.
    I like what I have seen of DeMint, however why does it appear as though he is going on a campaign to sell conservitives an idea that they already understand? He should be selling conservitism to those ?others? that call themselves Republicans on that far away hill that they have got comfortable calling home! The American conservitives know what conservitism looks and smells like, and it does not smell like a duck! Conservitives should not need another Contract with America or a road map, conservitives need Republicans that act like conservitives!

W wrote,

If the GOP wants to attract Hispanic voters, they should appeal to the pro immigration enforcement Hispanic voters and not just copy the Democrat appealing to the pro amnesty Hispanics.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you W, as a conservitive, conservitives should not want anything but conservitives in the party. I cannot help but to believe that there are many in the Hispanic community that would like to see our borders secured and for our government to stop this illegal invasion into our country. I also believe that the conservitive, no matter what his racial background may be, knows what another conservitive looks like, and they see the Republican Party as den of thieves, liars, and miscreants.

Leave the divide and conquer to the Democrats!

I agree. Also, based on polling data I have seen, post-election, most Hispanic voters were concerned with issues other than immigration, e.g., the economy, the bailouts, etc. I agree with DeMint the party has to campaign on its core principles, and I also agree with one of the remarks posted that conservative Republicans already understand this. The party needs to get these concepts out to Independents and Moderate/conservative Democrats. Many Hispanic voters tend to be conservative on social issues. Those are the ones the Republicans can appeal to. Frankly, I think the party could appeal to a lot more than the 5-10% of the Black vote as well. McCain and Palin did not do this.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Most democrats congressmen and senators will support Amnesty for the fact that the democrats will be the majority and likely the super majority if Amnesty passes for good.

That will be a sad day for Americans.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

This whole thing of pandering to different racial groups is ridiculous, and I find it offensive as well. It only divides us. We're all Americans! Just state your principles and never waver from them. Use the Constitution as your guide, and be a public servant rather than a politician. I think people of all stripes would respond well to that.

They need to run Bobby Jindal for President. He could easily kick Obama out of the White House.

But boy, what would the Press do? Two "minorities" running for President, which one would they support? They could even make history by supporting the "first Indian-American President" like this did this time by supporting the "first African-American President" (that all makes me want to puke). What would they do?

I agree. Jindal would be a very good choice.