Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democratic Leader Laughs at Idea That House Members Would Ac

Democratic Leader Laughs at Idea That House Members Would Actually Read Health-Care Bill Before Voting On It
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009
    By Monica Gabriel and Marie Magleby

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D.-Md.) (Congressional photo)Washington (CNSNews.com) - House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Tuesday that the health-care reform bill now pending in Congress would garner very few votes if lawmakers actually had to read the entire bill before voting on it.

“If every member pledged to not vote for it if they hadn’t read it in its entirety, I think we would have very few votes,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Congress doesn't want to read it let "We the People" and we will inform the stupid Congress what to do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why reading a bill before voting is laughable is beyond me. That is what they are there for, not three-martini lunches with the lobbyisists. And to read 1,500 pages in 72 hours and get a chance to think about what some clause means is really shoving it up the public's and other legislators' noses. The trouble is that this happens on every level of government, not only in Congress.

ELE

I wonder if this jerk would laugh if he was paying for bills

It makes me so angry that these political baffoons are deciding on OUR future and they can't do their job and take the time to actually read what they intend on making us pay for? Disgusting. It's time to get the bums out of our government.