Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Deportation delayed for illegal alien St. Mary's Uni grad

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_ ... 34137.html

Deportation delayed for St. Mary's grad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday morning, a federal immigration judge granted the St. Mary’s University honors graduate a three-month continuance, staving off deportation to Mexico.

An unauthorized immigrant, Veliz was jailed in January after a traffic stop.

The continuance also gives the 23-year-old Veliz more time to lobby for the DREAM Act, a law that would carve a path to citizenship for some unauthorized immigrants whose parents brought them here before age 16.

Veliz’s parents brought her to San Antonio on a tourist visa when she was 8 years old and the family never left. Veliz worked doggedly in school, graduating from Jefferson High School in 2002 as valedictorian and later from St. Mary’s University.

Under the proposed law, immigrants must serve in the military or earn a college degree to stay permanently.

“My future is still uncertain but I am very grateful for this time,â€
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We Americans should not be the ones to have to cover for her mistakes as an illegal alien
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Veliz’s lawyer, Nancy Shivers, said there is no reasonable way for Veliz to earn residency or citizenship. She has family here, but none are able to petition for her to stay. She does not know her family in Mexico. If Veliz returned there, she would be barred from returning to the United States for at least 10 years.
    And this OUR fault, how? WE should pay, why?

From Veliz’s perspective, she has done everything within her power to be a good citizen and needs relief from Congress.

Veliz volunteers and works as a secretary at her church. She does not have a Social Security number, but pays taxes through an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. She does not have a driver’s license, but has auto and health insurance.
    Good citizen, eh? She's a criminal in everything she does here. I don't care if her parents brought her here as a kid. THEY did wrong, deport the entire family! DO NOT reward them, THAT IS A CRIME IN AND OF ITSELF!

If the US can deport an 11 year old child with LEGAL US resident parents, I see NO justifiable reason why this 23 year shouldn't be deported as well!

Perhaps there are special laws for the raza folks?

DEPORT HER NOW!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "