Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Dick Cheney slams George Bush for failing to pardon Scooter

Dick Cheney slams George W. Bush for failing to pardon Scooter Libby

Former vice-president Dick Cheney has slammed his former boss George W. Bush for failing to pardon his former chief of staff Lewis "Scooter" Libby, who was convicted of lying about the outing of a CIA officer.

By Toby Harnden in Washington
    Last Updated: 10:06PM GMT 23 Jan 2009

Mr Cheney disagreed publicly with Mr Bush just four times in the eight years they served together Photo: BLOOMBERG
    Mr Cheney told the "Weekly Standard" magazine that Mr Libby, whose sentence of 30 months for perjury and obstruction of justice had already been commuted by Mr Bush, was a victim rather than a villain.

"Scooter Libby is one of the most capable and honorable men I've ever known," Mr Cheney said. "He's been an outstanding public servant throughout his career. He was the victim of a serious miscarriage of justice, and I strongly believe that he deserved a presidential pardon. Obviously, I disagree with President Bush's decision."

Mr Cheney disagreed publicly with Mr Bush just four times in the eight years they served together in the White House - on a gay marriage ban, on dismissing Donald Rumsfeld as Pentagon chief, on Washington's gun ban and on the rapprochement with North Korea.

Mr Bush's decision not to pardon Libby has angered many of his staunchest supporters defenders, who have used word like "disgusting" and dishonourable" about the Texan. On suggested it was like leaving a soldier on the battlefield.

Mr Libby's backers argue that his prosecution in the case investigating who in the Bush administration leaked the identity of Valerie Plame, a covert CIA operative, because her husband Joe Wilson has publicly criticised a justification for the Iraq war was flawed and inconsistent.

Richard Armitage, Deputy Secretary of State and an Iraq war sceptic, was known from the outset by special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald to have been the leaker but he was not charged with a crime.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... Libby.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry but Cheneys opinion means squat to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's called GUILT Cheney!
    He knows who got away with it and Libby was just the fall guy.
    I can't remember who it was, was it Cheney?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Maybe Scooter will get revenge by publishing a 'tell all' book...he needs the money!