Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Did anyone hear another US ship attacked?

I just heard something on CNN that a US sailor was emailing his mother his ship, US-flagged, was under attack from Somali pirates? They used RPGs and AK47s, but apparently were not able to take over.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard that three ships have come under attack....but I dont know if they were all USA ships.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://news.aol.com/article/somali-pira ... ips/422848

They seized 4 more ships with 60 hostages.

The brigands grabbed more ships and hostages to show they would not be intimidated by President Barack Obama's pledge to confront the high-seas bandits, according to a pirate based in the Somali coastal town of Harardhere.
    Uh oh, seems they don't think much of Obama, huh?
    "

How is this possible? Obama has lost control of "his people"?

Re: Did anyone hear another US ship attacked?

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I just heard something on CNN that a US sailor was emailing his mother his ship, US-flagged, was under attack from Somali pirates? They used RPGs and AK47s, but apparently were not able to take over.
    I just hear it on CNN too. They said the US Navy appeared and stopped the hijacking attempt.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

From what I heard the four ships taken over were not US: 2 Egyptian, one Greek, and one from Togo. Obama is right, that taking out these pirates has to be international action, even though my elderly mother thinks we should blow their hideouts to smithereens. There was something interesting someone suggested on some blog--define a 3-4 mile wide shipping channel in these waters, and anyone that encroaches on that channel that is not a cargo ship should be blown to smithereens. This suggestion was on a blog of a story posted earlier here, but I can't find it. But mom also likes that idea.