Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Dirty Dozen Minus Three”: The Secretary of State Project

A refresher from 2010, let's not overlook the SOS in every state, the progressive left hasn't. Voter ID requirement?

“The Dirty Dozen Minus Three”: The Secretary of State Project

April 5, 2010 By Carol Greenberg

Hanging or pregnant chad?

This is a long read but I guarantee it is worth it. You will be amazed and stunned, although for most of us on this side we aren’t stunned much anymore.

I thought it was lost forever. Jay Leno played it over and over in 2000 and early 2001 after the Bush v. Gore presidential race amongst gaffaws of his audience and myself. Who can forget this poll worker scrutinizing a ballot in Florida. Is it a hanging chad or a pregnant chad? Katherine Harris was the Secretary of State in Florida during this election and according to the election law she interpreted in her state she declared George W. Bush the winner in a hotly contested race which the US Supreme Court eventually decided. Ms. Harris was either a hero or vilified. There was no middle ground. She was the catalyst which propelled GWB into the Oval Office.

The Secretary of State is the chief elections official in each state, so he/she is responsible for the conduct of elections and establishment of election day rules. A position and role mostly unknown by the majority of citizens in this country before the 2000 election.

Someone of great wealth recognized the power of the Secretaries of State. The power to ultimately decide, perhaps by manipulating and interpreting state election law partisanly, to place their chosen candidate into office.

And the name of the person I am referring to is George Soros.
    Most everyone has heard his name. Most don’t know his background and don’t care. He stays behind the scenes and pulls the strings. And he didn’t like it much that Katherine Harris put GWB into office. Not his candidate. “I wanted Gore to win, and this will never happen again! So what can I do about it?”

“I can create the Secretary of State Project. I can back monetarily and help propel Democratic Secretaries of States into office in the states where I feel they can help my candidate into office.” Here is a quote from the website:
    Since we launched in the fall of 2005, we have engaged in eleven races and have backed the winning candidate in nine states, including: Ohio, Minnesota, Iowa, Oregon, New Mexico, Montana, Nevada, West Virginia and Missouri. We lost only in Michigan and Colorado (and there by a tiny margin).
    According to Ballotpedia.org the founders of the Secretary of State Project include movie actor Rob Reiner, Norman Lear, Drummond Pike (co-founder and president of the TIDES foundation) and SEIU.

What a surprise. Ballotpedia goes on to say:
    The SOS Project stems largely from the Democracy Alliance, an unapologetically self-described ‘liberal organization’ founded in 2005 “whose long-term objective is to raise $200 million to develop a funding clearinghouse for progressive groups.

Here is the line-up my friends.

1. Mark Ritchie, MN
    2. Kate Brown, OR
    3. Michael Mauro, IA
    4. Ross Miller, NV
    5. Mary Herrara, NM
    6. Natalie Tennant, WVA
    7. Linda McCulloch, MT
    8. Robin Carnahan, MO
    9. Jennifer Brunner, OH

Added to the target list for 2010 are Jocelyn Benson of MI and Debra Bowen of CA.

I’m going to start with Carnahan of Missouri. One of the “Masters.” She is currently running for US Senate for Kit Bond’s seat who is retiring.

Robin Carnahan, MO

We aren’t real surprised since this is a Soros-backed “project” that the “usual suspects” are in play, ACORN for one. Now who would have thought. And Carnahan is deeply involved with them. Here’s an interesting website put together by the Missouri Republican State Committee that gives links to all the unsavory goings-on with Carnahan and ACORN. Timelines, associations, news footage.

And here is a video prepared by the Missouri GOP on Carnahan’s ACORN connections. Robin Carnahan and ACORN: Too Close for Comfort:
    <em>
    Yep. Not a whole lot of doubt on this one. Here is a PDF prepared by ACORNCarnahan with the timelines and a ton of e-mails back and forth. 74 pages. Knock yourself out, or take my word for it. So even though I live in Ohio, do I really want this woman as a US Senator? Nope. Not on your life. I will be supporting @RoyBlunt for MO Senate. Here is his webpage.

Next I’m going to go to Linda McCulloch of Montana.

Linda McCulloch, MT

Here is a quote from the Actblue “Support Secretaries of State page”:

Challenging Republican incumbent Brad Johnson, Linda McCulloch is fighting to preserve the state’s progressive Election Day Registration system [emphasis mine]. She has a serious shot at unseating a conservative Republican election official in a state where the 2006 Senate race was won by less than 3,000 votes.
    Note the words progressive Election Day Registration system. FYI, Actblue is the number one, on-line fundraising entity for Democrats.

On the same page is

Angel-faced Kate Brown of Oregon:

Kate Brown, OR

Brown immediately cracked down on ballot initiatives after she was elected. Brown is a Democrat and partnered with AG Dem John Kroger in this effort. Both Brown and Kroger are backed by public employees unions. FYI Oregon votes 100% by mail. Anyone see any red flags here?

And here is Natalie Tennant of West Virginia:

Natalie Tennant, WVA

From ballotpedia.org:

The Center for Public Integrity reported in September 2008 that Natalie Tennant received both the endorsement and financial assistance (nearly $1,000) from the Secretary of State Project, a below-the-radar 527 political organization whose purpose is to “wrestling control of the country from the Republican Party” [emphasis mine] through the process of “removing their political operatives from deciding who can vote and whose votes will count,” namely the office of Secretary of State in many cases.
    Sounds like a plan to me.

I haven’t found any major dirt on the above three, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Soros backed them and helped place them in office for a reason, and could have planted triggers in their brains to go off when he pulls it.

Next we have Mary Herrara of New Mexico:

Mary Herrara, NM

Ms. Herrara was accused by Bureau of Elections Chief A.J. Salazar of soliciting donations from companies who do business with her office, a direct violation of New Mexico’s Governmental Conduct Act. Mr. Salazar resigned his post over this issue. Ms. Herrara says Salazar’s allegations are ” false and misleading.” But the New Mexico AG is reviewing.

Michael Mauro, Iowa:

June 2008 was the first time Iowans were allowed to register and vote the same day. Do I hear the words major potential for voter fraud here?Mauro also states in this interview that he does not agree with a judge’s ruling that ballots may only be printed in English, and intends to provide some sort of assistance to those who don’t speak our native tongue. I got one question: why are we allowing people who don’t speak English to vote any how?

Ross Miller, Nevada:

Ross Miller, NV

Election 2008 was a hot bed in Nevada as ACORN voter rolls were rampant with fictional names. The Clark County police raided Vegas’ ACORN HQ and the local ACORN office administrators are accused of running an illegal voter registration incentive scheme. Trial dates are in July. ACORN in Nevada. Who would have thought. The gambling mecca of the world. I guess ACORN had to try their luck at the slots and roulette wheel to make up for some lost $$. Republican Secretary of State candidate Rob Lauer has criticized Nevada’s lack of requirement for a photo I.D. at the polls. If Lauer has his way, November 2010 will be the last time Nevadans go to the polls without one. This quote from Lauer:
    If Ross Miller hadn’t opposed Voter ID four years ago the ACORN scandal would have been avoided. Nevadans have the right to decide if they value their democracy enough to ensure its authenticity. I am sponsoring an initiative for the November 2010 ballot requiring voters to show a government-issued picture ID when they vote. This common sense law will protect all of us from the felony voter fraud that was nearly pulled off by ACORN in this last election.

Here is Glenn Beck on the Nevada/ACORN sting: SEE BELOW:

Uh. Yeah. It’s “Miller Time!” Guess you were too busy approving permits for new slot machines to notice massive fraud in your own backyard. Or could it be the incentive of the Secretary of State Project which led you to look the other way for so long?

And now the two best for last. Hmmm…. whom should I choose? Carnahan was Number 3. Only. Gotta give Number 2 to Mark Ritchie, of Minnesota. Ya know, the Land of Franken & Coleman?

Mark Ritchie, MN

Ritchie oversaw the voter recount which lasted 47 days in the Franken v. Coleman hotly contested Senate race in Minnesota during Election 2008. Ritchie claims the “process was remarkably smooth.” How come over half the country wanted to throw a brick through the TV then, Ritchie?

Ritchie states:
    One of the great benefits of any hand recount is that we are legally allowed to look at things that we normally do not have the right to review. In this case, we had a chance to look into all aspects of our system at a statewide level. In addition, this specific recount has the benefit of millions of dollars being spent by both candidates on their own investigators and legal experts – perhaps as high as $20 million. Add to this mix the hundreds of journalists covering this story and you have an extraordinary opportunity to learn about all of the strengths and weaknesses. We would sometimes refer to this as applying an “electron microscope” to our election administration system.
    What? This double-speak sounds like an excerpt from the Health Care Bill. And I thought only Obama was the “Flip-flopper in Chief.”

Look at this:

Before I said it, I didn’t say it.

Ritchie even credits the Secretary of State Project for his win as SoS of Minnesota:
    “I want to thank the Secretary of State Project and its thousands of grassroots donors for helping to push my campaign over the top,” Ritchie said in a posting on the project’s Web site. “Your wonderful support–both directly to my campaign and through generous expenditures by the strategic fund–helped me get our election reform message to Minnesota voters.”
    And now the Best for Last.

I had to take a long…break before I delved into this one. All the rest have taken lessons from her! I am from Ohio. And I have a special place in my heart for this woman. After all, she is a mother. She has cupcake parties and coffee klatches with other women trying to garner their vote for her Ohio US Senate run. I can’t think of another woman except maybe Leona Helmsley or that Marcos woman who has the cajones to try and pull what she has. Her name is Legend. Her name is:
    Jennifer Brunner!
    Jennifer Brunner, OH

Yep. The face tells it all. All that guilt is getting to ya, isn’t it? I got so much stuff on this woman I don’t know where to begin. Just like Katherine Harris she wielded her power to drive Ohio in Election 2008 to again be the deciding force in putting a man in the Oval Office. But this time instead of election law; corruptness and the backing of ACORN, ProjectVote, SEIU, and George Soros with his Secretary of State Project wielded the power.

Put into office in 2006, Brunner careened out of control in 2008 with her unreasonable and irrational edicts and rulings that sent the RNC scrambling to the courthouses at every turn. Just as in 2000, the fate of many Ohio ballots were ultimately decided by SCOTUS, this time in Brunner’s and the Democrats’ favor but with the backing of corruption.

For a little background info on this woman, please read my post Jennifer Brunner, a Study in Corruption?

And Brunner isn’t wasting any time this election year. She is starting early! The shenanigans began in March when she denied ballot access to a Republican gentleman who wanted to run for Attorney General, Steve Christopher. Here is my post on that subject. We’ll never know 100% whether Christopher actually had the necessary signatures since the ballots have already been printed. He has dropped the lawsuit against Brunner he initiated since it is a moot point. However, knowing Brunner’s track record I am giving the advantage to Christopher.

Now Brunner’s latest stunt is demanding somersaults from people wishing to change parties for the primary in May. And wouldn’t it surprise you if the majority of those changing are Democrats to Republicans? Your absentee ballot can even be rejected if it is returned in the wrong envelope. This is the instruction to the voter:

Boards of Elections are to notify absentee crossover voters if they forget to return the form, or if it is incomplete. Voters will be given instructions on how to return the affidavit — it must be outside the identification envelope, but inside the return envelope.
    Soros pulled the trigger on this one a while back and she is still going off. This new directive has left poll workers scratching their heads and scrambling because of the short notice. Absentee balloting begins on Tuesday April 6. Cleveland.com goes on to say Brunner claims she could not get this directive out earlier:

Brunner could not issue the directive until Friday because she was occupied with a lawsuit filed March 12 by a Republican candidate for attorney general who was ruled off the primary ballot, Ortega said [Brunner's spokeman] . The lawsuit was dropped March 19.
    Hey Jen. If you are a mom who does cupcake parties, we all know moms can “multi-task.” We’re on to you.

Jennifer Brunner is running for US Senate for Voinovich’s seat to be vacated. In light of her track record being backed by Soros, ACORN, SEIU et al it is apparent this woman would be bad news for Ohio and for the rest of the country. Info on this post needs to get out to the press, blogs, twitter etc. or these states could be hotbeds of corruption in November.

I will be supporting Rob Portman for Ohio US Senate. Remember, as “Ohio goes, so goes the nation.” Watch out for Ohio being in the news big-time again during Election 2010.

Rob Portman can be found on twitter @RobPortman This is his website.

Our vote is the last firewall and MUST be protected. It does no good to get great candidates on the ballot if our votes are stolen.

“The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.” Stalin

“The Dirty Dozen Minus Three”: The Secretary of State Project
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Nevada Files Criminal Charges Against ACORN and Its Employees for Illegal Voter Fraud in Las Vegas

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Proof of voter fraud in the USA - from the horse's mouth