Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It seems the free speech zones are usually a couple of blocks or more from the speaking place of the President and I have heard of several instances of
    people being ejected or arrested for dissenting.
    How many blocks away is the internet considered to be ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The internet -- aaahhh! Trust me, they'll be coming after that next. You mark my words.

Don't want people being able to communite easily and freely without being "heard", you know.

Dissention is no longer part of this country's mantra!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    The internet -- aaahhh! Trust me, they'll be coming after that next. You mark my words.

Don't want people being able to communite easily and freely without being "heard", you know.

They already have look up Net Neutrality and Internet 2 on google
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Actually, I don't think he lives in a bubble. I think the creep is very much aware of what is going on in the world and just refuses to deal with it.

I've heard (gossip) that he refuses to read a newspaper and just asks for summaries from his staff. Heaven forbid he should know everything that is going on in the world.

But, then again, maybe he's just not bright enough to understand anything besides a summary.
    It's not gossip. He said it himself.

I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

Here we go.

You can read it here http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/ ... -mix_x.htm

or here http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/1 ... mas15.html

or here http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/georg ... this/2295/.

Since he said it during tv interviews, the only sources I've been able to find have been left wing columnists, but they all agree on the content of what he said.

And here's the exact Q&A itself, at the end of a long interview:

HUME: How do you get your news?

BUSH: I get briefed by Andy Card and Condi in the morning. They come in and tell me. In all due respect, you've got a beautiful face and everything.

I glance at the headlines just to kind of a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves. But like Condoleezza, in her case, the national security adviser is getting her news directly from the participants on the world stage.

HUME: Has that been your practice since day one, or is that a practice that you've...

BUSH: Practice since day one.

HUME: Really?

BUSH: Yes. You know, look, I have great respect for the media. I mean, our society is a good, solid democracy because of a good, solid media. But I also understand that a lot of times there's opinions mixed in with news. And I...

HUME: I won't disagree with that, sir.

BUSH: I appreciate people's opinions, but I'm more interested in news. And the best way to get the news is from objective sources. And the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what's happening in the world.
    I'm sure they are, George.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98006,00.html

They come in and tell me. In all due respect, you've got a beautiful face and everything.
    He said this to Brit Hume? I guess you had to be there.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Thanks Count:

That was an eyeopener. Why didn't the "right wing columnists" pick it up I wonder?

I added a link to the actual interview after you posted.

Thanks Count.

Are you organized or what?? Good job.

I like the second post, it is titled "No wonder Bush doesn't connect with the rest of the country."

Ain't that the truth?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Thanks Count.

I like the second post, it is titled "No wonder Bush doesn't connect with the rest of the country."

Ain't that the truth?
    I'll let you in on a little secret.

I voted for this guy. Twice.

And I've never been more PO'ed at any politician in my life. GWB has turned out to be the biggest betrayer of America of any President, ever.

I used to think LBJ was the worst, and then, of course, there was the pathetic Carter and the disgusting Clinton. But Bush is worse than the lot of them by far, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Thanks Count.

Ain't that the truth?
    I'll let you in on a little secret.

I voted for this guy. Twice.

And I've never been more PO'ed at any politician in my life. GWB has turned out to be the biggest betrayer of America of any President, ever.

I used to think LBJ was the worst, and then, of course, there was the pathetic Carter and the disgusting Clinton. But Bush is worse than the lot of them by far, IMO.
    I'm with you. Voted for the bozo twice. Now if he comes on the tv I can't stand to look at him. Just today he was on and my son was in the room. I had to look away and asked him if he was gone yet so I could watch again. I've let the whitehouse know too I think this administration will go down in history as the worse ever.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It is getting scarey when they are hauling away citizens for taking an opposing side and nothing to the illegals who march our streets effortlessly.
    Sure is CB.

When I think too long about that in the context of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution it makes my head want to explode!

They are throwing matches at potential dynamite here I am not sure if it is on purpose or because they think we are docile?

They already have look up Net Neutrality and Internet 2 on google
    This worries me as much as anything. As we all know if it weren't for the internet the illegal immigration debacle would still be "in the shadows" compared to where it is today.

IMO - The internet is the best free speech and alternate thought venue since the invention of electronics. I am with any who think the government controlling the internet is a bad idea and anti American!

I hear you CW. I hope and think that is changing however. But like a big ocean liner it just takes time to get the "public consciousness" on the same page. I really do believe it is happening though. Not to suggest that we don't need to remain ever vigilant and vocal!

He said this to Brit Hume? I guess you had to be there.
    Count - Your levity is much appreciated!
    From an "objective source"

jean - You and the count are not alone. I pulled the lever twice for him myself. Somebody should shoot me but then there would by one less for the cause...
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast