Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DNC chairwoman supports U.S. auto industry so much she owns

DNC chairwoman supports U.S. auto industry so much she owns a Japanese car
    May 26, 2011 | 3:34 pm Oh, how embarrassing.

Like roll-up-the-tinted-windows-and-slouch-down-in-your-seat embarrassing.
    The new chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee was criticizing Republicans who opposed President Obama's bailout of the American automakers union, oh, no, make that American automakers.

"If it were up to the candidates for president on the Republican side," said Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida, "we would be driving foreign cars. They would have let the auto industry in America go down the tubes."

So Michael O'Brien of The Hill newspaper went and checked what kind of automobile loyal-American-car-supporter Debbie Wasserman Schultz owns.

Yup, you guessed it -- Japanese.

Drive as she says, not as she does.

-- Andrew Malcolm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... ssan-.html
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do

Do as I say, not as I do...

Typical Dem Hypocrit

Banned
    Alot of these cars made these days with over seas names are made in America by american workers.Nissan has plants in Tn. Fl. and Cal.I drve a Tundra made in Cal.my dad drives a Camory made in Geogetown Ky.my son drives a honda made in Il. I dont mind them driving these cars as long as they were made in America built by American workers maybe hers come out of Fl. made by Fl.workers.How many drive Mercedes now being made in America?Dont get me wrong here im just pointing out that talking against them and driving one is wrong but im glad they have moved alot of their production over here to give jobs to American workers.

I think you make the point. We would still have an auto industry without bailing out the GM unions. The Republicans that were against government ownership of car companies aren't traitors at all. Hyphen Schultz does not own a Government Motors car.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Youre right republicans are not traitors and your right we would there would still be GM.cars But how much would have been lost without the bail out they were on their last leg now their making profits again and creating jobs thats what we needed.I cant complain about her not driving a GM [cant call them goverment moters now they paid up]when i dont.I have drove all kinds of vehicals owned GM Fords and Crysler makes but i got turned off when all the parts manufactering went to mexico and my Chevy only lasted 6 years.Went in 1977 to buy a Dodge Dakota test drove it looked it over and most of it was assembled in mexico.Then test drove a Toyota Tacoma liked it bought it drove it till 2001 had 3,058 miles on it and traded it in on new Tundra.I buy American everything i can but this truck and last one hold up.And built in America.Once GM or Ford improves their products ill buy back in them.

That's what they told us. However:

GM Still Owes Us
    Jerry Flint, 04.21.10, 04:43 PM EDT
    The government loan the automaker paid off is just a fraction of the support it's received.
    Far be it for me to rain on anyone's parade, but don't be fooled: General Motors has not paid its debt back to taxpayers.

The company got $50 billion from our government, and $10 billion more from Canada. They have paid the U.S. back $7 billion plus interest, as I understand it, including the latest payment of nearly $5 billion. So they say they paid us back.

Not quite: That still leaves $43 billion.

GM can say they paid us back because of the $50 billion in total support, only $7 billion was counted as a loan and the rest was traded for equity in the company that emerged from bankruptcy. But that is really an accounting trick so that GM doesn't have to pay interest on that money.

What seems to have happened is that of the $50 billion given to GM, the company burned through some, and then paid back $7 billion from what they didn't spend.

We are supposed to get the remainder when GM sells stock.
    http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/21/genera ... os-gm.html

We should all be driving one of these. Imagine the money we would save on gas! I suspect hay and oats are a lot cheaper than gas. To make sure they are all American made, we can register them like we do pedigree dogs.