DNC 'thrills' less than 10% of Coloradans
Survey shows 34% indifferent, 11% annoyed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 22, 2008
10:41 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

A new poll shows less than 10 percent of Coloradans are "thrilled" that the Democratic National Convention is coming to Denver next week, and more than three times that many are indifferent.

"Clearly, Colorado voters are not jumping up and down about the DNC being held in Denver," pollster Lori Weigel told the Rocky Mountain News, which conducted the survey with the local CBS television affiliate.

The poll of 500 registered voters showed 34 percent were indifferent to the convention, 11 percent annoyed and 9 percent worried about the Democrats' presence in Denver. On the other side, 20 percent were interested in the convention, 15 percent excited and 9 percent described themselves as "thrilled."

Typical were the comments from Jim McGinley and Joyce Anderson. Neither McGinley of Akron on the Eastern Plains nor Anderson of Delta on the Western Slope want any part of the convention, the newspaper said.

"I'm 300 miles away, so it really doesn't affect me," Anderson told the newspaper. "I hate to tell you this, but I don't come to Denver unless I have no other choice."

McGinley told the newspaper he remembers the Denver Grand Prix in the 1990s, when customers were cut off from Denver businesses. He said he fears the DNC will provide the same results.

Weigel told the newspaper the poll found enthusiasm for the DNC generally was confined to Democrats in Denver and its suburbs.

The poll, by Public Opinion Strategies, sparked a range of reactions on the newspaper's comment page.

"Colorado must be full of racists, gun-lovers and clingers to their religions," said one post.

Said another, "I am absolutely thrilled … that I am out of the country as this freak show descends upon Denver."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=73138