Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DO ONE NICE THING

This was posted before but I thought I'd do it again.

This is a nice site for Do One Nice Thing.

I sent a flat rate box to the troops today. I've never used a flat rate box before, but it was incredible how much I could get in it. If you're thinking about doing it, they would like it mailed by tomorrow. I'm sure it will get there if you need a few more days but late for Christmas.

When I heard that the USO doesn't even go to Afghanistan I said, that's it my box is going there.

Here's the link if you'd like to help.

http://www.doonenicething.com/d1nt-peop ... 8&oid=7128
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I had lost my link and I am mailing mine tomorrow - I hope.

Our PO was out of the square flat rates and I wasn't sure I could really pack in the flat kind. I'm hoping they will have them by tomorrow.

You saved me some searching.

Regarding the silly string, I was afraid to put that in the box. My PO said they probably woudn't check, but might.

So what we are going to do after the holidays, is find an organization that is already doing this and just donate some money. Someone gave me a link to a story about some mothers who were sending BIG boxes and they had trouble finding a shipper because it is a chemical, etc. I though I would contact them and maybe the Blue Star Mothers - isn't that it?

Anyway,

Thanks,
    Trixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's funny you mention this.

I have Fox news running in the background as I write, and notice BillO is doing an interview with the actor Tom Arnold about his USO trip to Afghanistan recently.

Thanks for the info - that's a great idea.

Actually I put the silly string on the customs tag and the PO agent was well aware of the string being used for safety. I asked if she had ever had one that couldn't be delivered and she said, NOT ONE. So I hope that isn't a problem.

I couldn't believe how much I could get in that box. It was over 8 lbs. What is so funny is the flat rate box has a limit for the price of 70 lbs. I laughed I guess that would be gold bars. LOL

It feels good after I heard that they aren't doing anything for those soldiers or VERY LITTLE.