Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dobbs Repeat Bumped from 9 PM Slot on HLN

Behar to Bump Dobbs With New Show
    posted: 2 MINUTES AGO

Wisecracking 'View' co-host Joy Behar is getting her own talk show on HLN, a CNN offshoot, and will be bumping Lou Dobbs from his 9 p.m. time slot in the process.

The cable news network, once the home of Glen Beck, is hoping to boost its primetime ratings with 'The Joy Behar Show.' The 65-year-old star told the New York Times that the show will be "topical and fun" and that she'll continue her work on ABC's 'The View.'

To make way for the new program, a repeat of 'Lou Dobbs Tonight' will be nixed from the airwaves. According to the Times, HLN will announce the hiring on Thursday.
    Skip over this content

http://www.popeater.com/television/arti ... w%2F523201
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lou Dobbs ratings are way down from last year.

Though I love Lou and think he can really give tell it like it is, I think that his soft approach to critizing the administration over the past year during the elections and now, have hurt his ratings.

At the end of his show the 3 "political minds" got sort of old. I still watch Lou, and tape his show if I am going to miss it, but it is Glenn Beck that I really hate to miss.

I love the Constitution, and I love how he brings everything back to the founding fathers.

Lou needs to really start getting tough - OR he should move to Fox.
    Look what that did to Glenn's ratings!

Wednesday Jun 10, 2009
    Lou Dobbs' Ratings Down, May Be Replaced on HLN
    The New York Observer's Felix Gillette writes about the decline of Lou Dobbs' ratings on CNN, as he continues "the nightly slicing and dicing of the 44th president's economic policies."

Mr. Dobbs' 7 p.m. program on CNN averaged 657,000 total viewers and 181,000 in the key 25-to-54 demographic — numbers that were down a whopping 29 percent and 27 percent, respectively, versus May of 2008. Along the way, Mr. Dobbs sank into third place in his time slot, trailing Fox News' Shepard Smith by a bundle and MSNBC's Chris Matthews by a sliver. During three out of the first six weeknights in June, Mr. Dobbs' place in the standings sank even lower; he finished fourth in the demo, falling behind HLN's Jane Velez-Mitchell.

Meanwhile Dobbs' 9pmET HLN hour appears to be in jeopardy — Broadcasting & Cable reports HLN "is bringing in a new voice for the 9 p.m. hour...the new personality, likely to be announced this week, is described as someone who is from outside the cable news business, but is well-liked by many and disliked by some."

An HLN spokesperson tells TVNewser: "We're not commenting."

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/