Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dodd: Health Reform Bill 'Hanging by a Thread'

Dodd: Health reform bill ‘hanging by a thread’

By Ron Brynaert
    Monday, January 11th, 2010 -- 2:40 pm

On his way out the door, retiring Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn) has some bad news for health reform advocates still cheering the late December Senate vote.

"Health care reform is 'hanging on by a thread,' and one or two votes could determine the outcome of the heavily-debated bill, Democratic Sen. Chris Dodd told CNBC Monday," the cable business news network reports.

Dodd said you would have to be "living on the moon" not to know what senators have already gone on the record with having issues with the plan, citing Nebraska's Ben Nelson, Connecticut's Joe Lieberman and Senator Blanche Lincoln from Arkansas.

"Everyone feels, I guess, to some degree who have been for this, that they would have liked something different, and that's not uncommon when you're considering an issue of this magnitude," Dodd said.

"If this is all about surviving politically, then we're missing the whole purpose of what we're supposed to be doing," Dodd added.

http://rawstory.com/2010/01/dodd-health ... ng-thread/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

good. many birds will die from this stone, how stupid can these dems be?

Actually Senator Richard Burr of N Carolina and Senator Tom Coburn from Oklahoma had a very simple and good plan for healthcare. They had asked to give tax credits if you purchased health insurance. $2300.00 for single and $5700 .00 for family. And without government takeover.
    you can go to,,,,,,,,,, www.burr.senate.gov
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I thought surviving politically mean't you were doing what the people wanted. Gosh he is an arrogant ass!
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>