Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Don’t Jump The Gun Republican race for a Presidential nomi

Don’t Jump The Gun

August 26, 2011
    by Bob Livingston

Seven potential Republican Presidential candidates participated in a debate hosted by CNN in June.

In track, a gun is fired to signal the start of the race. If a runner leaves the block before the starter fires his pistol, it is called jumping the gun.

The Republican race for a Presidential nominee seems to have started already, but I want to caution you about jumping the gun. By that, I mean don’t glom onto the candidate flavor-of-the-month until you have vetted him or her properly.

I have seen so many people commenting that they’re supporting Herman Cain or Governor Rick Perry or Representative Michele Bachmann because the candidate gave a fiery speech or issued tough-sounding sound bites. Some people are even encouraging Governor Chris Christie or Representative Allen West to join the fray because the two are often shown being tough with reporters.

Nice hair, a pretty face, a high brow, fancy clothes or tough talk does not a candidate make. Those are all façades that are created by slick political operatives. (See Barack Obama.)

Change for the sake of change is not the answer when the change we get is more of the same. So, I urge you to peer behind the wall the candidates have thrown up to hide their true selves. Look into each candidate’s background. See where they stand, where they once stood and learn why they moved, if they did.

And certainly don’t take all that you read or hear in the mainstream media as fact. Remember, the MSM have their own agenda, and it probably doesn’t jibe with yours.

Look for the candidate who has always been truthful and steadfast. Look for the one who has always supported the Constitution. Look for the one who has never been a lackey for corporatocracy or crony capitalism. Look for the one who hasn’t shied away from taking a tough, if unpopular, stand. Look for the one who isn’t beholden to Party. Look for the one who believes we should, as Jack Hunter writes, “only wage wars of national defense — not irrational offense.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have noticed that people want change, but they don't vote for change. I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says, but most of it I do. He is a little more liberatrian for my taste however, he will do the will of the people. That is his job. Many people misunderstand some of the things he says, but if they go to his website he will explain why he does what he does. He has never waivered. Some think him extreme, but sometimes extreme is what you need to balance eveything out. He will get us out of the UN and it's NWO agenda. He will get rid of alot of the departments we have including DHS. He will adhere to the constitution even when it is not popular. Our constitution and laws will be the law of the land.