Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Dr. West delivered Obama in Hawaii on Aug. 4, 1961?

World net daily displayed a recent Buffalo newspaper story on a Buffalo, New York woman who taught a young Obama in Hawaii.

Below is my response to the newspaper article:

1. To me, this woman has given us a wealth of good information on Obama that should be eagerly followed up so that we can find out once and for all if Obama was born in Hawaii at Kapiolani hospital on Aug. 4, 1961.

2. The woman says a Dr. West, the father of her friend, may have been the one who delivered Obama on Aug. 4, 1961 in Hawaii. NOTE:According to the story, 98 year old Dr. West died about a year ago.

3. The doctor's daughter: I wish an experienced reporter could track down the doctor's daughter, or some of the doctor's relatives, to find out if anyone will back up the Buffalo woman's story that Dr. West delivered Obama at Kapiolani hospital and her story about the doctor talking about "Stanley" having a baby.

4. The doctor's background in Hawaii: I wish an experienced reporter would go to Hawaii and find out everything possible about the doctor.

5. For instance, is there anything in the doctor's records that show us that Stanley Ann Dunham/Obama was a regular patient?

6. That is, is there any record that Dr. West had ties to the Dunham family in Hawaii, or did the doctor first meet the Dunham family when he supposedly delivered Obama on Aug. 4, 1961?

7. The Buffalo woman herself: I wish someone could interview her.

8. "Why do you think Obama won't release his Hawaii long form birth certificate---the one with the doctor and hospital names on it---when it seems from what you talked about in your earlier interview, Obama really has nothing to hide about his birth in Hawaii". This would be a good question to ask her.

9. "Do you think that you could meet with Obama and gently suggest to him that he has nothing to fear by releasing his Hawaii long form birth certificate---the one with the doctor and birth hosptial names on it?" This would be another good question to ask her.

10. So, let us not dismiss so quickly this interview with the woman in Buffalo who talks about how she knew Obama in Hawaii, because I believe she could be a very good resource person when it comes to finding out once and for all if Obama was born in Hawaii as he claims.

11. I just hope an experienced news reporter can track down this woman and obtain more information about Obama's years in Hawaii than she revealed in her original news story.

In an earlier message, I talked about a Buffalo, New York woman who said in a recent Buffalo newspaper article that she taught a young Obama in Hawaii.

She also claimed that a doctor West, the father of her good friend, said or implied at a dinner party held the day of or the day after Obama's birth that he delivered Obama on Aug.4, 1961.

1. So, who is this doctor West?

2. According to a poster's research that was posted at world net daily recently, Dr. West---who died about a year ago at 98--- was a local celebrity because he was one of the last remaining survivors who witnessed the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor as a young naval officer.

3. Nov. 11, 2007 article in the Honolulu Advertiser, by Dan Nakaso:

Nakaso wrote a long article on then 97 year old local celebrity Dr. West. Nakaso wrote that Dr. West regularly visited the Pearl Harbor memorial weekly to talk to people and to sign copies of his book on the Pearl Harbor attack.

4. Below is an excerpt from the article that gives a brief background of Dr. West.

5. NOTE: I am a little surprised that the staff writer, Nakaso, did not ask Dr. West or mention that Dr. West may have been the doctor who delivered Obama back in Aug.4, 1961 at Kapiolani hospital.

6. Maybe some of Dr. West's relatives can tell us, the public, if it was true or not true that Dr. West did indeed deliver a baby Obama back in Aug. 4, 1961.

7. Part of the Nov. 11, 2007 article is below. It gives some background information on Dr. West:

Born: Dec. 23, 1910, Wailuku, Maui

Education: Skipped seventh and eighth grades; Honolulu Military Academy, Punahou School, where West played clarinet.

Naval service: Joined Navy Reserve in January 1940, activated Sept. 5, 1941 — March 26, 1946. Resigned from Navy Reserve in 1949 at rank of commander.

Medical career highlights: Delivered 5,000 babies;

President, Hawaii Medical Association (1963);

Medical Director, Straub Clinic (now Straub Clinic & Hospital) until retirement in 1975;

one of the founders and first president of the American College of Physician Executives (1975).

Family: Wife, Mary Ann (Carlisle) West, died 1994;

daughter, Jo-Anne Lewis (Kaimuki);

sons, Kenneth C. West (Phoenix) and

Rodney West Jr. (Spokane, Wash.)

Lives: Kahala Nui senior residence

If true, this settles his Hawaiian birth and all the "birthers" can settle down and relax. But getting into old medical records will not be easy as they may not even exist anymore, and to get into them is against the law without Obama's express consent.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This information coming from this woman in Buffalo is about as reliable as the third-party reports that Obama's step grandmother said he was born in Kenya. All third-party information. Where's the documentation that he was delivered by Dr. West in Hawaii at the named hospital and/or borned in Kenya?

Both Hawaiian hospitals have stated that they never had Obama or Obamas mom as a patient at the Hospital...... You would have to have been a patient to have been delivered there....at least i would imagine so.... is this woman a Obama supporter....maybe too much kool aid is making her remember this...
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Link please. If they had a Mrs. Obama, they could not say so according to current federal law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Link please. If they had a Mrs. Obama, they could not say so according to current federal law.

Is a Hawaii hospital strictly forbidden to say if Stanley Dunham/Obama, Obama’s deceased mother , was or was not a patient at the hospital on Aug. 4, 1961?

It seems many pro-Obama people on the internet say that the new, very strict federal privacy medical laws, HIPAA, prohibit any Hawaii hospital from revealing to reporters that Obama’s mother was or was not a patient on Aug. 4, 1961, even though she died in the 1990s.

It is all very confusing to me.

However, I did some research on HIPAA, and I came across this passage in an article about myths about HIPAA.

I post it here for discussion sake.

“Myth #13: The press can no longer access vital public information from hospitals about accident or crime victims.

FACT: HIPAA allows hospitals to continue to make public (including to the press) certain patient directory information - including the patient’s location in the facility and condition in general terms - unless the patient has specifically opted out of having such information publicly available.

Thus, if a patient has not opted out of being listed in a hospital directory, and a reporter knows the name of an accident or crime victim, the reporter can request directory information from a hospital, including the condition of the patient.

HIPAA does prohibit the hospital from releasing anything more than directory information, without the patient’s authorization.

This HIPAA provision, however, is not a change from most existing state laws, which protect the confidentiality of patient information to varying degrees.

Further, the HIPAA Privacy Rule does not directly cover the media, so once a reporter obtains patient information, from any source, he or she is not restricted by HIPAA in how the information is used or disclosed.â€