Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dutch Paper: U.S. Will Attack Iran in Weeks

Dutch Paper: U.S. Will Attack Iran in Weeks

Monday, September 1, 2008 10:42 PM

Article Font Size

The largest newspaper in the Netherlands, De Telegraaf, reported this past weekend that its nation's intelligence agency has been working closely with the CIA to help prepare the U.S. in a planned air attack on Iran.

The front-page story in De Telegraaf, published Friday and headlined "Attack on Iran Imminent," claimed that U.S. military strikes on Iran's nuclear and weapons facilities would happen in weeks.

The paper indicated Holland's military intelligence service (Algemene Inlichtingen-en Veiligheidsdienst, or AIVD), has pulled back from its operations inside Iran helping the U.S. to identify targets.

De Telegraaf reports that the decision has already been made by the U.S. to attack Iran using unmanned aircraft, hence the Netherlands' decision to remove its agents.

Excerpts from De Telegraaf follow:

"Good sources have declared to the Telegraaf that the AIVD Algemene Inlichtingen- en Veiligheidsdienst has been operating in Iran for the last few years with the purpose of the infiltration and sabotage of the weapons industry of the Iranian republic.

"The operations are said to have been 'very successful' but have recently been put to a halt because of American plans for an air attack. Information regarding the AIVD operation has been shared with the CIA in recent years, according to the sources.

"Iran is believed to be working towards an atomic bomb and refuses to comply to Western demands to stop enriching uranium. In June Israeli vice president Shaul Mofaz made the statement that an Israeli attack is inevitable if Iran continues its quest for atomic weapons."

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/neth ... 26824.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Do what?

vortex: How will we ever straighten this mess out before we all die?

The media goes right along sometime....and they don't want to draw attention to Bush and the GOP.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I sincerely pray that this may just be sensationalism or yellow journalism, as I have always been afraid that Bush and gang may be planning to go out of office in a "blaze."
    I worry that the political pundits have figured out that Obama is more popular and may win the election and this would leave him a real mess to solve and put a damper on his days in office for nothing more than the Republicans gaining control. I put nothing beyond the strategies of any politico: their only goal is to WIN no matter what the American people are subjected to.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

crazy. cnn is mighty quit so it's not true

Lets just pray that we don't go in and stay for 8 years. We can't afford to take care of 3 nations.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

The Dictator will not let go of his empire.....I just feel that he will do something so he has to stay on...
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is why the US needs to be moving ahead on alternative energy. Then we would also have products that we could sell on the global market....even to countries like Iran.

1. Really, can you blame backwards countries like Iran for wanting to improve their electrical generation systems?
    2. Until things like solar power, wind energy (but Iran doesn't have extensive wind resources) or geothermal or whatever....are affordable, marginally prosperous countries will opt for a cheap AND proven technology like nuclear.
    3. The more of these marginally prosperous countries there are that opt for nuclear power the bigger our security nightmares will become. Imagine Somalia or Libya seeking nuclear power.
    4. We have to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons, but destroying electrical generation in a struggling and poor nation will have incredible political fallout.

This is one issue where I give the edge to the Democrats. I am encouraged that Palin and McCain are talking about alternative energy. It is not just a frivolous issue, even if some of views that come out at times are off base.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Wiat and see. We have some idiots in control right now and I'm afraid some of the same ones with different names will be in control after the election.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)