Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EEOC Sues Midland Company

http://www.oaoa.com/articles/eeoc_21422 ... wsuit.html

EEOC sues Midland company

September 30, 2008 - 9:01PM
    ODESSA AMERICAN
    The U.S. Employment Opportunity Commission announced it filed a lawsuit against Midland electrical company, TESSCO, claiming three former employees were discriminated because they're white.

However, Clark Lea, an attorney representing TESSCO, said he hadn't seen the lawsuit and declined to comment.

The EEOC said in a news release that the lawsuit was filed Monday in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.

"The EEOC charges that TESSCO violated Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when it allowed Johnny Leazer, Jason Glenn and Keith Weir to be subjected to unlawful harassment based on the fact that they are white and not Hispanic," the release states.

The EEOC said in the release that the three men tried to gain management positions to end the harassment, but to no avail.

The release states the EEOC tried to reach a voluntary settlement prior to filing the suit.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I think there are more of those lawsuits around than the media wants known.

Mohawk Carpets and Tyson is being sued I understand. My brother sent me an article that reported Pilgrim's settled a lawsuit for that as well.

This just seems like very fertile ground for big, enterprising law firm.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

North Carolina Attorney General say for the Citizens of North Carolina should file with EEOC if they feel discriminated against.

The line will be 10 miles at least at the door of EEOC. Should Americans have to be going through this.

Is EEOC going to check all I-9s of this company? When an EEOC is called in governing immigrants; ICE should be required to check out the company, too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

vmonkey56

I agree ICE should be involved. If there is one complaint filed, it would seem they should be checking as well.

No Americans should not have to file a complaint in order to not be discriminated against in favor of someone here illegally.

If some big law firm would just get interested, the lawsuit could involve millions - I'd 'step-n-fetch' for them on a volunteer basis.

As I reread the article, it doesn't say illegal - just Hispanic.

I misread. Midland is West Texas and there are many citizens of Mexican ancestry there.

I'm correcting myself here.