Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elections Officials May Audit Obama's Fundraising Machine

Elections Officials May Audit Obama's Fundraising Machine

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:01 PM

By: Kenneth R. Timmerman

According to a published report earlier this week, the Federal Election Commission is unlikely to vote to audit the Obama campaign finances, and will sweep aside a formal demand for an full audit that was filed by the Republican National Committee on Oct. 6.

But interviews with current and former FEC officials, as well as a review of public statements by FEC commissioners, suggest that the commission could pursue an “audit for causeâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[b]Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt dismissed talk of an audit earlier this week. “We have had a first rate compliance operation for an unprecedented national grassroots fundraising effort,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You know, maybe the way to solve all of this and prevent future problems is to make it the law requiring A) All candidates funds be managed by independent sources not connected to the candidate nor campaign. Perhaps American citizens interested in protecting the integrity of our elections? B) the validity of each and every contribution be verified as it comes in and C) Any invalid contribution will not be returned but instead be used for something else. The threat of forefeiture can be a very compelling reason not to do anything wrong.

I really also think that there needs to be a limit set on how much candidates may accept from private donors. That was how obama was able to sidestep more of the laws and dodge accountability.

It could be done.

I like the way the campaigning is done in Canada, according to my uncle. He was telling me there are strict contribusion caps, and the candidates have 37 days to campaign. Wow, wouldn't that be nice! Not the long drawn out 11 month campaigning crap we had to put up with. It left me exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    You know, maybe the way to solve all of this and prevent future problems is to make it the law requiring A) All candidates funds be managed by independent sources not connected to the candidate nor campaign. Perhaps American citizens interested in protecting the integrity of our elections? B) the validity of each and every contribution be verified as it comes in and C) Any invalid contribution will not be returned but instead be used for something else. The threat of forefeiture can be a very compelling reason not to do anything wrong.

I really also think that there needs to be a limit set on how much candidates may accept from private donors. That was how obama was able to sidestep more of the laws and dodge accountability.

It could be done.
    Yes, I like your thinking - forefeiture of their contribution. Put it to good use and bring down our deficit.

Obama's campaign funding books are more fraudulent than his own personal records that our govt is MAKING for him [ ie: Birth Cert. ] as we speak!!! BIGGEST DAMN PHONY IN HISTORY!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!