Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

An Emergency Request For Thanksgiving

I hope none of you mind that I am posting the following information on this forum.

I'm from Long Island and last night arsonists set fire and completely destroyed the kitchen and pantry of Hope for The Future Ministries, which was a lifeline for hungry families in the area. I know people are concentrating on the fundraiser for ALIPAC (which is extremely important too) - but even if you all were able to chip in between $1 - $5.00 - every little bit helps toward feeding these people.

I'm reaching out to as many people I know by posting this info onto as many forums I can, whether they are from NY or out of state since Thanksgiving is a national holiday. It was such a senseless act and I just feel such anger that I want to defy this kind of evil by trying to make GOOD win out (if that makes any sense!)

Anyway, I emailed the ministry and promised I would help out by posting this info online to raise awareness.

Here's the official website where you can donate if you so choose to.
    http://www.hopeforthefuture.com/index.cfm

Local ABC tv news report:
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?secti ... id=7120435

Thanks and if I don't check back here in time, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

ELE

Dp they help Americans and/or illegals?

Many of the food and housing shelters in New York are used largely by illegals that's why I am directly asking this question, does this ministry support the American people only?

If I find out that they help hungry hurting Americans and not illegals, Ill send a donation .
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Dp they help Americans and/or illegals?

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    Many of the food and housing shelters in New York are used largely by illegals that's why I am directly asking this question, does this ministry support the American people only?

If I find out that they help hungry hurting Americans and not illegals, Ill send a donation .
    Sorry Chloe, but I agree with ELE. I admire your compassion. What happened is terrible. BUT, if HOPE for the Ministries provides services to illegals, they are aiding and abetting them. I know most charities will not verify legal status, because they believe they are providing "emergency humanitarian aid". But ministries such as these had better start right now working with us to END illegal immigration, and not supporting it, or they might not be able to help anyone. They need to go back to helping LEGAL US citizens.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Wow, I did NOT see that coming.

I have been fighting illegal immigration since 1998. I am 100% set against our Government leaving our borders open and using our tax dollars to give illegal aliens the same benefits as our citizens.... However, this is a Christian charity, meaning that it relies on private donations from individuals who have a choice whether or not they would like to help out another fellow human being, who may not survive another day without food. As such, NO, I seriously doubt these volunteers go around to starving people on the street asking whether they are legal citizens and then refusing to provide food to those who are not.

Quite frankly, I'm as appalled right now by these comments as I was when I first read about the fire this morning! Could you honestly look a hungry child in the face and refuse him/her food because our GOVERNMENT allowed them to come in illegally? I'm against illegal immigration but I'm NOT going to see another human being starve to death. I was raised a Christian and that's just not how we were taught to behave.

It's one thing to be a principled activist against illegal immigration, but I feel it's inhumane to turn your back on someone in an emergency situation. We wouldn't treat a dog that way and I would hope most people don't feel that way either.

What kind of church or ministry would refuse to help people based on citizenship? I don't agree when churches overstep their boundry and become involved in politics. The realm of spirituality and secular reality do not mix. If you view the plight of the hungry from a spiritual standpoint you may come away with a different perspective.

What more can I say? If you feel that strongly against donating don't do it.

Chloe wrote:
    What kind of church or ministry would refuse to help people based on citizenship? I don't agree when churches overstep their boundry and become involved in politics. The realm of spirituality and secular reality do not mix. If you view the plight of the hungry from a spiritual standpoint you may come away with a different perspective.
    No Chloe. I would NOT "honestly look a hungry child in the face and refuse him/her food because our GOVERNMENT allowed them to come in illegally?" I just said the other day to someone that I would be opposed to refusing anyone emergency care in a hospital ER, EVEN if that person was illegal. I think a hospital has no choice but to treat them. I recognize the main fault for the illegal invasion is our traitorous government, more even than the illegal invaders themselves.

HOWEVER, I am frankly so f-ing sick of charity after charity, not to even mention all the government programs, asking for more money, when their programs were often created and/or needed in the first place because of the needs of illegal aliens.

I have HAD it with religious organizations such as the Catholic Church, as well as many others, who are very pro-amnesty. They have a definite political agenda, and explicitly get involved in politics through lobbying or whatever. Then when they need donations to help all the illegal aliens they aid and abet, who do they turn to? The legal American citizens who they are otherwise working against.

Reread what I wrote, here it is:

But ministries such as these had better start right now working with us to END illegal immigration, and not supporting it, or they might not be able to help anyone. They need to go back to helping LEGAL US citizens.
    All I said was those religious organizations had better stop working against the American people.

I am as appalled as you are - at your self-righteous, better-than-thou attitude. You should know how angry so many of us are at the notion that the US needs to take care of the whole gd world. I think it was probably poor judgment or timing on your part to post this here and now. Any extra money I have will go to ALIPAC.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</