Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    That bad eh? Well, the freeze dried meals are not much to speak of either, but in a pinch it would be the difference between eating, or not, but so long as electricity was still available, butter can keep frozen for a long time. Shortening once opened (any oils) can go rancid, but if kept cool enough, in the dark, they should stay good for along time.

Our favorite so far is the freeze dried strawberries .
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Empty Store shelves

Also starting to buy some silver. My son and I discussed this lastnight, and the idea to have a "fake-out" store of stuff, so if it ever came to it, things went bad and you have nutty people raiding homes, you hand that stuff to them and make a big deal out of it being all you have, but it really isn't. I firmly believe where we live, they would believe it.
    AmericanElizabeth - It sounds like you only have part of the equation. It is good that you have a garden and some "fake out items". However, it is folly to underestimate the depravity and desperation of those "dissidents" of whom you speak. They will not hesitate to take everything you have, including your life. I would suggest that you invest not only in silver, but also in lead (.38 claiber or better) . Then anything you share with the miscreants will be at your pleasure. For the rest, let them crawl to their masters in the government. And if they starve, all the better.

Re: Empty Store shelves

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc
    Also starting to buy some silver. My son and I discussed this lastnight, and the idea to have a "fake-out" store of stuff, so if it ever came to it, things went bad and you have nutty people raiding homes, you hand that stuff to them and make a big deal out of it being all you have, but it really isn't. I firmly believe where we live, they would believe it.
    AmericanElizabeth - It sounds like you only have part of the equation. It is good that you have a garden and some "fake out items". However, it is folly to underestimate the depravity and desperation of those "dissidents" of whom you speak. They will not hesitate to take everything you have, including your life. I would suggest that you invest not only in silver, but also in lead (.38 claiber or better) . Then anything you share with the miscreants will be at your pleasure. For the rest, let them crawl to their masters in the government. And if they starve, all the better.
    Good to 'see' you again Havoc - i'ts been a while. The situation yoiu described made me think of that movie that came out last year called the Road. Im going to have to get the book.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I agree human depravity shows itself in the most desperate situations, as with hurricane Katrina.

I also agree having a gun (or three, my son is almost 18, husband was in military and has handled them) is prudent, it is just a hard pill for me to swallow, I did not grow up with guns, so it seems "strange" to me to have to consider guns now.

I do have a friend who currently has property not far away, and in case of truly bad circumstances, we'd go there. I also am thinking about taking some stores to her place for safekeeping too, she and I have been friends for 37 years, and we know she and her husband are trustworthy for this.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Empty store shelves

Thanks SicNTiredInSoCal. I have been lurking, if not actively posting. Sometimes I get so angry when reading these stories that I can not reply because I know my replies would reflect my anger and get deleted so I fume in silence. It is ironic that you spoke about 'The Road". It is a great example of the depths that human beings will sink to in times of stress. By the way, the movie is very close to the book except the book adds a little more grittiness.

AmericanElizabeth - I understand your apprehension about guns. Many people did not grow up around guns and therfore they have an initial fear of them. I am an avid target shooter and one of my great joys is seeing that smile that comes across a new shooters face when they realize the power and freedom that they can have by becoming a responsible gun owner. I hope that as you go forward with your contingency plans you will seriously consider that without the ability to protect what you have, you really have nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12