Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Enough is Enough - Pelosi & the Democrats

Enough is Enough
    By John Boehner
    Monday, August 6, 2007
    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/John ... ments=true

Seven months have passed since I handed the gavel to Nancy Pelosi, formally returning control of the House to Democrats for the first time in 12 years. In my remarks to the House that day, I offered a bit of advice to the members of the incoming majority. I told them:

“A congressional majority is simply a means to an end. The value of a majority lies not in the chance to wield great power, but in the chance to use limited power to do great things.

“The [American] people don’t care which party controls it; what they want is a government that is limited, honest, accountable, and responsive to their needs. The moment a majority forgets this lesson, it begins writing itself a ticket to minority status.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The farm bill is a five year package , not one. For that reason Bush had better stand back and take a good look at what has taken place with it.
    The republican party had better not just site down on their hands and say we tried either.

they must pick up the fight again and turn it around on that single issue vote that proved the American people have lost their government to Mexico. Throwing a few Mock boxes over the side of a yacht in the Boston harbor does not cut it any more.

Given the current tension building within the populace regarding illegal immigration and over burdening spending I agree , the theft of the vote was indeed the next shot heard around the world and it was fired by the mouthpiece of felons that have taken over our government by tying votes to a stick and dangling them in the eye's of the worst potential dictators this nation has ever seen.

Bush has recently been accused of becoming a dictator , here is his chance to prove the nations majority wrong on that issue. It makes a hell of a lot more sense then trying to do it by pleasing another nations outcasts that crashed our gates , stole our jobs , took over our towns, drained our coffers, bribbed our politicians and bad mouthed us while doing it.

pleasing another nations outcasts that crashed our gates , stole our jobs , took over our towns, drained our coffers, bribbed our politicians and bad mouthed us while doing it.
    ...well said, BuffaloDodger
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just find it a little 'odd' to hear the Republicans talk about what the Democrats did about immigration - when they have had years to do something and didn't.

This just sounds like some script to me.

The Republicans have had ample time to do something about illegal immigration. They should have 'broken with Bush' (if they have) and done something 8 years ago.

They are all of the same pod .

Quote Originally Posted by buffalododger
    They are all of the same pod .
    Yes, and I wish we could be united in telling them to stop the illegals now - not just 10 =20-40 - but thousands and do it now.

Tell them if this highway isn't stopped and the illegals sent home by election time - they are out!

The only ones who would get our vote should be the ones who wrote op-ed pieces, had town hall meetings, spoke out on the floor, demanded enforcement of laws. These Washington guys have clout in their home states - tell them to get after their state people.

Also, we need them to see that the truth about illegal immigration is shown. They could go on the talk shows with pictures, statistics, etc., and let the rest of the country know how bad it is.

If they don't do that - they should be history.

Think about what has happened in the last two weeks regarding the media and talk radio in particular. Cheata invites a good number of them to his tree house for off the record meetings.

Then all of a sudden none of the talk radio hosts will discuss some of the most important immigration reform issues this country has ever faced.

The story of the Illegal aliens that worked while uncertified welding on the recently collapsed bridge is being totally ignored by the likes of Drudge , MSNBC , Hannity , Yahoo news and others.

Even Savage will not say a word that might spark any social tension or debate on the request the Monkey man. I have news for all of them. Silence breeds contempt and when the silence ends tempers will flare beyond shouting.

Bush intimidated all of them by telling them that if they did not remain silent on immigration issues they would be directly responsible for instigating civil unrest and disobedience. Most likely even threatened to hold hearings if it happens.

It is a tactic used daily around the world to gage the mouths of the oppressed by ruthless regimes hell-bent on holding on to their wealth and power for their offspring.

The talk show hosts still open their mouths and claim a victory now and then against amnesty but it is an untrue claim because as they know , it ain't even over.