Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Eric Holder, Resign

Eric Holder, Resign

Posted by Ben on November 29, 2010 · Comments (1)

The Washington Times

The calls have begun for Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.‘s resignation. Potential Republican presidential candidates Newt Gingrich and Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty both took that position last weekend in response to last week’s embarrassing result in the trial of Guantanamo terrorist detainee Ahmed Khalfan Ghailiani. Mr. Gingrich and Mr. Pawlenty won’t be the only prominent politicos reaching the conclusion that Mr. Holder is unfit for the office he holds.

With Republicans getting oversight authority through their new House majority, the attorney general’s conduct in numerous controversies will attract increasingly fierce criticism, especially on Capitol Hill. Deservedly so. Under Mr. Holder’s stewardship, the Justice Department has been not just politicized, but radicalized. On issue after issue, it has tried to redefine the law on its own, without clear legislative authority and sometimes in clear defiance of legislative intent.

Consider the case of Ghailiani. Congress passed, and President George W. Bush signed, a law providing for military commissions to try enemy combatants. Experts warned that trying these terrorist suspects in normal courts would be fraught with problems. Mr. Holder defiantly insisted on using ordinary courts anyway and specifically said the Ghailiani trial would be the test case to prove him right. Instead, Federal District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan ruled key evidence inadmissible, and the jury acquitted Ghailiani on 284 of 285 counts. This terrorist was involved in bombing two American embassies and almost escaped scot-free.

Among the other controversies in Mr. Holder’s brief 22-month tenure is one in which an already-guilty perpetrator did walk scot-free: Black Panther Jerry Jackson, against whom no sanctions were imposed after his violent voter intimidation in Philadelphia. Yet the New Black Panther case was child’s play compared to testimony about broader policy that grew from that case. Mr. Holder’s department stands accused of refusing to enforce two different provisions of federal voting laws…

Read more.

http://www.impeachobamacampaign.com/eri ... dium=email

Kathyet

SACK him and the rest of the administration
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Issues as
    Black Panthers

Suing Arizona to protect themselves from illegals

Calling most of America "RACISTS"(wonder if we will be able to shake that word after Obama and his cronies leave the WH?)
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

ACORN

Looking into the Joe Sestak claim of being offered a job in the administration while running a primary campaign against Arlen Specter.
    and Bill Romanoff while running a primary campaign against Michael Bennet in Colorado

For twisting the laws to suit themselves they all need to go...from the President on down. I have never seen such a corrupt administration in all my years.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson