Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ex-MSD employee awarded $244,000 in bias suit

A former employee with the Metropolitan Sewer District won a $244,000 judgment in Jefferson Circuit Court last week after proving he was passed over for a promotion because he is white.

Gregory Meredith, who worked at MSD from 1988 through 2009, was awarded $36,000 for lost wages, $102,000 for lost pension and $106,000 for emotional distress, according to his attorney, Shelly Henry.

The lawsuit claimed that Meredith was qualified for an entry-level supervisory position as an assistant telespection supervisor in the MSD department that uses cameras to inspect sewer lines.
    Henry said two senior MSD supervisors — both white — testified that senior manager Saeed Assef told them in a meeting that Meredith was “too whiteâ€
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Its good to hear that occasionally white people still get justice. To often are we passed up for deserving positions today because of race playing against us. I have seen in rampant all over. Companies want to look diverse so they promote someone based on color rather then if they actually deserve the job the most. Same goes for hiring, try and apply as a white person at many fast food resteraunts and some Asian resteraunts. I have friends turned down at Taco Bell and McDonalds because they were white. I've personally been turned down for a job twice as Asian resteraunts.