Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Expert: Past 10 days have been worst of President Obama's 'p

Expert: past 10 days have been worst of President Obama's 'political life'

By Kenneth R. Bazinet
    DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Originally Published:Friday, November 12th 2010, 6:08 PM
    Updated: Friday, November 12th 2010, 6:08 PM

WASHINGTON - President Obama is coming home from his overseas trip pretty much empty-handed.

After watching his party take a beating in the midterm elections, Obama wasn't able to secure even a symbolic victory on a trip that was expected to give him plenty of opportunities to claim a win.

"This certainly was the worst 10 days of his political life," said Baruch College political scientist Doug Muzzio. "Given that he's not going to be able to get any domestic achievements with the Republicans in control of the House ... if he doesn't do it in foreign policy that's a big problem for him.

"He came back with bupkis [Yiddish for 'nothing']."

Obama's inauspicious 10-day, four-nation trip included a failure to land an anticipated slam dunk free trade agreement with South Korea.

It also included a botched effort to rally Western allies to press China to budge on a monetary policy that threatens to keep the U.S. economy in the tank.

Yet Obama appeared to shrug off the lack of results during summit meetings with the world's most powerful leaders.

"Naturally, there's an instinct to focus on the disagreements, because otherwise, these summits might not be very exciting; it's just a bunch of world leaders sitting around intervening," Obama told reporters in South Korea.

"What's remarkable is that in each of these successive summits we've actually made real progress," he added, without anything of substance to point to.

Compounding his problems, Obama had to dial back on comments made back home by top adviser David Axelrod, who suggested Obama will cave on ending tax cuts for the rich.

Even when he had a chance to back embattled outgoing Speaker Nancy Pelosi, his biggest political ally who wants to remain leader of the House Democrats, he hedged.

"I think Speaker Pelosi has been an outstanding partner for me," Obama said. "I think Harry Reid has been a terrific partner in moving some very difficult legislation forward."

Experts scoffed.

"If President [George W.] Bush was the great decider, then President Obama is the great considerer," Muzzio said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... z15G1IcRmL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

yes he is & along with the rest of them by his side . we had jobs but they move over sea & now the company want the usa buy . everytime I go to buy some thing it say Mexico .or china . I don't think that right
    Obama just want another trip
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm seeing a lot of commentary along this vein: that his overseas trip was ineffective and that he is basically a lame duck president going forward. That does NOT mean we can relax, as lame duck administrations have done some dreadful things on their way out.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    I'm seeing a lot of commentary along this vein: that his overseas trip was ineffective and that he is basically a lame duck president going forward. That does NOT mean we can relax, as lame duck administrations have done some dreadful things on their way out.
    Absolutely!!! We must be even more vigilant because now they have nothing to lose!

I think over the years we have lost the faith of the world and our powers to do more. We need to pack it in and strengthen our nation once again. Secure the borders and bring some of our troops home (and jobs). Let us clean our house and make it better before we try and tackle more policing and more trade agreements abroad. Appears much of the world FORGETS who saved a lot of their a***s over these years.

Just my thoughts

That would be a shame if Obama lost in 2012
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

quote(I think over the years we have lost the faith of the world and our powers to do more. We need to pack it in and strengthen our nation once again. Secure the borders and bring some of our troops home (and jobs).quote

I agree, close the borders,stop nation building(seen on TV they are now training our troops in home building)moratorium on all immigration for 5 years, tax heavy American companies who go over seas and tax breaks to those who stay.

Protectionism, yes you bet, that does not mean trade but it must be fair and since 1980 we have been screwed,that is the middle class workers, it's time to end that era and return America to full power as a manufacutring giant with quality products and pride, make no mistake unless we do the above begin teaching your children Chinese as they will need it.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    I think over the years we have lost the faith of the world and our powers to do more.

I don't see that the world has lost respect for the U.S. so much as they disrespect a Kenyan impostor posing as the putative POTUS, a native-born Kenyan with a Kenyan, British Protected Subject father and a U.S. citizen mother who was 3½ months too young to confer her U.S. citizenship to her baby born in Mombasa, Kenya.

They all know he is a phony; some foreign leaders won't even shake his hand. But that's OK... he bows.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Foreign leaders know what is going on. They know Obama's election was a masquerade and now the emperor has no clothes. There is no incentive to give Obama any credibility nor to give his suggestions/plans any credence. They saw what happened in the midterms and are waiting to see now what direction the U.S. will take.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836