Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

The fabled "Aztlan"?

http://www.users.on.net/~mkfenn/page9.htm

This long article (I have only included a small portion of this article, in order to really understand it, you have to read it from the site, or print it out) makes an incredible suggestion, borne from the studies of land and sea topography, along with the newer findings, as well as older, or the true beginnings of the America's. It is a long article, but I would suggest to print this out and read it all. I will post it here, and highlight the area where the author suggest the place name "Aztlan" comes from and where that place actually is:

The Golden Age

13,600 years ago In Aztec legends, was the beginning of the Age of the Second Sun - the “Golden Ageâ€
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Most geologists accept the idea that the Continental Shelf area---where the ocean depth is little more than a few hundred feet---represents the real bounds of the continental Plates. And that during Ice Ages, when atmospheric moisture condenses into snow and ice and accumulates near the poles, these are the true ocean shores. Islands that at present are small, are also quite large when this occurs, since the seal level is a few hundred feet lower. Just look at a topo map of the ocean floor such as on Google Earth.

Therefore, island groups in the Atlantic, just outside of the Mediterranean Sea, such as the Azores, the Cape Verde Islands, Madeira or the Canary Islands, would have had much larger landmasses and would also be closer to each other. Making them, effectively, an "Island Continent." It would be interesting to see if any diving expedition ever turn up any ancient artifacts---BBC correspondent Graham Hancock is one such explorer. The problem is: the population, if anyone DID actually live out there, would still have been very small, so artifacts would be hard to find in all that sea area. There are theories about sudden rises in the sea level of the Atlantic as ice masses in Canada broke up and raised the oceans' level. That applies to the Black Sea, too, which may have given rise to the legend of Noah.

Interesting concept---but very expensive to research.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

I see it along the lines more Biblically though. However, this could be where Plato's "Atlantis" comes from, and as well, this is the actual Genesis flood. This island continent could well have existed and as Genesis states, God was angry at mankind's sins and destroyed them by water (as even Plato says it happened).

Then when this article stated the similarity of "Atlantis" and "Aztlan", I had really never made that connection, but now I am intrigued enough to wonder if the Aztecs had their own story of a world wide flood? If so, their descendants (modern day Mexican people), are claiming the wrong land mass, here in America, for their fabled Aztlan.

http://www.soundchristian.com/man/ (Table of Nations by Tim Osterholm)

I have posted this link before, but it is a really amazing piece of work, and a lot of what he has at this site, coincides with much of what is being found and discovered recently (Solutrean/Clovis connection for example).

This all does show the really amazing ancient history of this world, the people in it and how much may very well have been called "fables" and "stories" are really the true histories of mankind's wanderings and had been essentially lost (my thoughts go to the library of Alexandria and the fire which destroyed a likely myriad of information).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    I see it along the lines more Biblically though. However, this could be where Plato's "Atlantis" comes from, and as well, this is the actual Genesis flood. This island continent could well have existed and as Genesis states, God was angry at mankind's sins and destroyed them by water (as even Plato says it happened).

Then when this article stated the similarity of "Atlantis" and "Aztlan", I had really never made that connection, but now I am intrigued enough to wonder if the Aztecs had their own story of a world wide flood? If so, their descendants (modern day Mexican people), are claiming the wrong land mass, here in America, for their fabled Aztlan.

http://www.soundchristian.com/man/ (Table of Nations by Tim Osterholm)

I have posted this link before, but it is a really amazing piece of work, and a lot of what he has at this site, coincides with much of what is being found and discovered recently (Solutrean/Clovis connection for example).

This all does show the really amazing ancient history of this world, the people in it and how much may very well have been called "fables" and "stories" are really the true histories of mankind's wanderings and had been essentially lost (my thoughts go to the library of Alexandria and the fire which destroyed a likely myriad of information).
    Fascinating theory! I never thought of Atlantis in this context before. I have always wondered about the Genesis flood and Atlantis as a possibility as well.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

April

AE

jshhmr, This same man, and some connected sites (Table of Nations) have some interesting stuff about how the worlds cultures all have these same oral or written stories and types of fables (giants, dragons, etc..) and some interesting points had been made that these were actual events or real creatures, and of over the course of mankinds telling and re-telling, they became stories and fables instead of the truths.

Atlantis could quite well be along this too, a real place, which was catastrophically destroyed by the Biblical flood, and Plato told this story in a way that the pagan Greeks believed to be true and we took this as a fable about moral rather than real events.

The idea that Atlantis and Aztlan may be one in the same place, called differently by two differing languages, is simply the way languages developed.

It also showed how America may have been a fairly populated place pre-history, and then was forgotten and only those we now call native Americans inhabited till the "discovery" by Europeans later.

These kinds of articles are great, as they help connect the dots of mankinds history and some things historians already knew, but had no explanation for.