Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fatal Stabbing in Immokalee

I am looking into this more. I first came across the person arrested in the whose in jail website from Collier County. It was hard to find any info on the murder and you cannot get more information on the booking such as if there is an immigration hold. In fact there are comments about that on the police website LEO Affairs.com. It seems anytime an illegal commits a major crime there it is kept hush hush. I will update if I find anymore information about him or the case.

http://www.marconews.com/news/2011/mar/ ... immokalee/

IMMOKALEE — Neighbors of an Immokalee house where a fatal stabbing occurred early Saturday say there's often problems there.

Ralph Herrera, who lives on Roberts Avenue, said he arrived home to see a fight outside his next-door neighbors' home on the 300 block of 18th Street North.

Herrera, 46, said he saw three men outside his neighbors' home on the 300 block of 18th Street North.

Francisco Cruz, 31, also of the 300 block of 18th Street North, was charged with stabbing to death another man, deputies say.

"I heard a ruckus, this wasn't the first time," Herrera said. "They're always drinking and carrying on. Then I saw a fight."

One man hit another man over the head with what looked like a garbage can, Herrera said. The assailant stood over his victim and said, in Spanish: "Is that what you wanted?"

The third man, who was standing near the front door, said they should call the police. Then the three went inside, Herrera said. It was quiet after that, he said.

Herrera said he awoke at 7 a.m. Saturday and saw deputies and a crime scene investigation van outside his neighbors' home.

Deputies were called to the home on the 300 block of 18th Street North shortly before 3 a.m. after the Sheriff's Office received a call about a possible stabbing. Upon arrival, the victim was discovered on the kitchen floor with stab wounds to the chest.

Herrera's mother, Dionicia Herrera, who had lived on the 300 block of 18th Street North for 33 years, said she's often afraid to leave her home.

"We don't go out. It's too dangerous to go out," she said.

http://www2.colliersheriff.org/arrestre ... -03-13.pdf
    for his booking info and it is page 20 at this time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=14239003

Man charged with murder in Collier stabbing death
    Posted: Mar 12, 2011 10:37 AM EST
    Updated: March 12, 2011 10:37 AM EST

IMMOKALEE: A 31-year-old man was arrested after deputies say he fatally stabbed another man in Immokalee Saturday.

Francisco Cruz, of 302 N. 18th St. in Immokalee, was charged with second-degree murder.

Deputies were called to his residence shortly before 3 a.m. after receiving a call about a possible stabbing.

When they arrived they discovered the victim lying on the kitchen floor with stab wounds to the chest, according to the Collier County Sheriff's Office.

Investigators are working to identify him.

Crime scene detectives are currently conducting an investigation at the home.

No further information was immediately available.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)