Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FDA says fresh milk is dangerous, but chemical BPA is perfectly safe!

FDA says fresh milk is dangerous, but chemical BPA is perfectly safe!

Tuesday, April 03, 2012
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Editor of NaturalNews.com (See all articles...)

1,662 [Share this Article]

(NaturalNews) The FDA, the organization that conspired with California bureaucrats to attack raw milk distribution centers over the past two years, has just announced it will not ban BPA. The FDA says there isn't enough evidence of BPA being harmful to humans (that's a lie) and therefore it cannot be justifiably banned.

The real story here, however, is that the FDA routinely allows toxic and even deadly chemicals to remain legal in the food supply while working to ban dietary supplements and nutritional support products that are actually good for you. The FDA, for example, hasn't outlawed aspartame, MSG, sodium nitrite, partially-hydrogenated oils, high-fructose corn syrup or even petroleum-derived artificial colors. Instead, it focuses its regulatory power on outlawing Chinese Medicine herbs, nutritional supplements and natural sweeteners. For example, it was only recently that the herbal sweetener stevia was even tolerated by the FDA. For decades before that, the FDA would seize all imports of the herb and even order distributors to burn their recipe books containing stevia recipes. (stevia news and articles)

The FDA positions synthetic chemicals as if they were nutrients
    Meanwhile, the FDA has never met an industry-sponsored toxic chemical it didn't like. Whether it's BPA, or sodium benzoate, or fluoride, if Big Pharma or the chemical industry is behind it, the FDA magically and consistently declares the chemical to be good for you!

That happens, of course, because the FDA is a gang of back-stabbing criminals who betray the American people at every opportunity while "approving" deadly pharmaceuticals, vaccines and chemical food additives for mass consumption.

BPA, for the record, has been linked to cancers and hormone disruptions, and this happens at ridiculously low levels of contamination (parts per billion). But the FDA looks at this and thinks, "This could be HUGE for the pharmaceutical business!" The more people are sickened by BPA, in other words, the more people eventually buy high-profit prescription drugs to treat the symptoms brought on from the consumption of BPA. It's all about the continuity of profits for the FDA's buddies at Big Pharma.

Follow the money: $8 billion in BPA revenues
    There may be yet another angle on this entire story: Anthony Gucciardi from Natural Society is reporting that BPA producers are rolling in a whopping $8 billion in sales on this chemical:

"Producers of toxic BPA are now boasting $8 billion in sales for 2012 thanks to the FDA rejecting a potential ban on the cancer-linked chemical on March 30th. According to GlobalData, manufacturers will produce 4.7 million metric tons of BPA this year to be dispersed into the daily lives of millions worldwide. BPA now goes into everything: plastic bottles, canned foods, DVDs, plastic wrap, and much more." (BPA Makers to Gross $8 Billion Thanks to FDA Rejecting Ban | Natural Society...)

The FDA, of course, has a long history of protecting the profits of the chemical industry rather than protecting the health interests of the people. So no one who understands the true nature of the FDA -- a corrupt gang of corporate sellouts -- is surprised by this decision. It's yet another piece of evidence adding to the mountain of proof that the FDA is a clear and present danger to the health and safety of the American people.

NaturalNews has been covering the FDA's criminal behavior for eight years. Read some of the many reports on the FDA's betrayal of the American people at FDA news and articles

Sources include:
    FDA Rejects Ban on BPA - ABC News...

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ticleid=106112...

Learn more: FDA says fresh milk is dangerous, but chemical BPA is perfectly safe!

Monday, April 2, 2012
    Follow the Money: BPA Makers to Gross $8 Billion Thanks to FDA Rejecting Ban
    Anthony Gucciardi
    Activist Post

Producers of toxic BPA are now boasting $8 billion in sales for 2012 thanks to the FDA rejecting a potential ban on the cancer-linked chemical on March 30th.

According to GlobalData, manufacturers will produce 4.7 million metric tons of BPA this year to be dispersed into the daily lives of millions worldwide. BPA now goes into everything: plastic bottles, canned foods, DVDs, plastic wrap, and much more.

Despite being linked to about as many serious health conditions as the amount of products it contaminates, the FDA has decided once again to side with mega corporations over protecting the health of the people.

Even Campbell’s Soup and the Heinz corporation are removing BPA from their products in an effort to reclaim consumers who are fully aware of the issues surrounding BPA. California is also banning the substance from baby bottles and sippy cups in attempts to protect newborn babies whose developing bodies are majorly affected by the estrogen-mimicking chemical.

But the FDA? They recognize that BPA may be breeding disease among the public, but they’re still perfectly okay with letting it contaminate the food supply. Instead of taking action over the threat, the FDA decided to pick at the hundreds of peer-reviewed studies that have linked BPA to everything from cancer (in over 130 studies) to depression and diabetes.

“While evidence from some studies have raised questions as to whether BPA may be associated with a variety of health effects, there remain serious questions about these studies, particularly as they relate to humans,” the FDA says.

This is the same agency that has no trouble going after nutritional supplements containing 100% organic and natural super-nutrients that have been used for thousands of years. It is also the same government powerhouse that has allowed for mercury to lurk in the processed food supply for years despite major consumer groups demanding action.

The list can go on and on — the FDA simply does not seem to care about legitimately threatening items like GMOs and artificial sweeteners, so why would they care about BPA? After all, the carcinogenic chemical has the backing of an $8 billion industry.
    Explore More:

Toxic Money: Carcinogenic BPA Found in 95% of Paper Money
    Spices & Seasonings Exposed to Half a Billion Chest X-Ray’s Worth of Radiation
    FDA Rejects Monumental BPA Ban
    The Disease Machine: Why Drug Makers Keep You Sick
    Pharmaceutical Sales Top $300 Billion in 2010
    Vaccine Makers Immune to Legal Repercussions

This article first appeared at Natural Society, an excellent resource for health news and vaccine information.

Activist Post: Follow the Money: BPA Makers to Gross $8 Billion Thanks to FDA Rejecting Ban

working4change
    BPA: An Unwelcome Guest in Our Home
    By Patty Jen Arndt
    April 2, 2012

I do what I can to avoid exposing my family to BPA, which is a toxic, hormone-disrupting chemical that has been linked to cancer, obesity, and a slew of other health problems.

I make sure my baby son's bottles are made from either glass or BPA-free plastic. I try to buy tomatoes in jars or boxes instead of cans. I avoid polycarbonate #7 plastic bottles. Still, I can't completely eliminate BPA, which stands for bisphenol-A, from our lives. The use of BPA, and chemcials like it, is so widespread that breaking entirely free from it would simply be impossible.

So I was hoping the FDA would help me and other Americans out by barring BPA from food packaging. Such a move would eliminate BPA's major route into our bodies.

Instead, in a decision announced late Friday afternoon, the FDA rejected a ban that NRDC had first petitioned for in 2008.

"We believe the FDA made the wrong call," says Dr. Sarah Janssen, an NRDC scientist who's also the mother of a toddler. “The agency has failed again to protect our health and safety -- in the face of scientific studies that continue to raise disturbing questions about the long-term effects of BPA exposures, especially in fetuses, babies, and young children."

The European Union, Canada, China, and at least five other countries (as well as 11 U.S. states) have already banned BPA from children’s products. Some companies have already begun voluntarily removing BPA from their products and clearly marking them as "BPA-free." Unfortunately, we don't know what they're replacing BPA with. There is an entire family of BPA-like chemicals, called phthalates, which are similarly suspect.

As long as the FDA continues to side with the chemical industry over children, parents are left to sort out what's best for our kids -- and this is not the sort of thing where instinct and common sense suffice. After all, who would think that cash register receipts might be dangerous? That's right -- many contain BPA.

Here are some basic rules of thumb for avoiding BPA:

Make sure plastic sippy cups and baby bottles are labeled BPA-free; or use glass or stainless steel instead.

At the grocery store, choose glass jars or cardboard packaging instead of cans for processed foods, like soup or tomatoes.

Acidic, salty, and fatty foods encourage BPA to leach from can linings into food.

Look for BPA-free water bottles made with Eco-Free coating (Sigg) or Tritan (Nalgene). Choose stainless steel bottles over aluminum, which may contain BPA in the lining.

Use glass containers for microwaving and storing food.

Check with your dentist to find out if sealants and fillings are BPA-free.

These steps help reduce BPA exposure, but like I said, we still don't know much about BPA substitutes. The laws governing the chemical industry work to protect business interests over the public interest. As a results, tens of thousands of chemicals have entered our lives over the past few decades without being fully assessed for human safety.

Assurances from industry aren't enough for me. That's why I'm telling my senator to support the Safe Chemicals Act. This legislation will overhaul the way chemicals are regulated in this country. Hopefully, the government will start putting our health first.

BPA: An Unwelcome Guest in Our Home | OnEarth Magazine