Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fed judge dismisses reservist Cook's suit

Federal judge dismisses reservist's suit questioning Obama's presidency
    BY LILY GORDON - lgordon@ledger-enquirer.com.

A federal judge this morning dismissed the suit filed here by a U.S. Army reservist who says he shouldn't have to go to Afghanistan because he believes Barack Obama was never eligible to be president.

Judge Clay Land sided with the defense, which claimed in its response to Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook's suit, filed July 8 with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, that Cook’s suit is “mootâ€

[quote]Judge Clay Land sided with the defense, which claimed in its response to Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook's suit, filed July 8 with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, that Cook’s suit is “mootâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well she made a splash.Now we must see if her case in 60 days hangs in there with Judge Carter.

Re: Fed judge dismisses reservist Cook's suit

[quote="jamesw62"]Federal judge dismisses reservist's suit questioning Obama's presidency
    BY LILY GORDON - lgordon@ledger-enquirer.com.

A federal judge this morning dismissed the suit filed here by a U.S. Army reservist who says he shouldn't have to go to Afghanistan because he believes Barack Obama was never eligible to be president.

Judge Clay Land sided with the defense, which claimed in its response to Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook's suit, filed July 8 with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, that Cook’s suit is “mootâ€
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

...An army spokeswoman told us the major volunteered to go to Afghanistan and could rescind his request at any time up to his deployment. This is what the army said. Based on the fact that he no longer wished to serve on active duty and at the request of central command his orders were revoked on July 14. ....

Is this the "out" for the Pentagon and the method by which the WH avoided any more controversy? I somehow knew this was going to happen. Obama just wanted this to go away and this was his path out...
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    ...An army spokeswoman told us the major volunteered to go to Afghanistan and could rescind his request at any time up to his deployment. This is what the army said. Based on the fact that he no longer wished to serve on active duty and at the request of central command his orders were revoked on July 14. ....

Is this the "out" for the Pentagon and the method by which the WH avoided any more controversy? I somehow knew this was going to happen. Obama just wanted this to go away and this was his path out...
    I was in the military, trust me, this is not standard operating procedure.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

So, Cayla, do you smell a rat? What's going on?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

So, Cayla, do you smell a rat? What's going on?
    They didn't want a public trial for some reason. I can only guess what that reason is lol. Whatever it is, it is compelling enough for them to allow a precedent to be set where any reservist given orders to go to combat can now just protest that Obama is illegitimate and have the orders revoked.

Agree, cayla99. This is a very dangerous precendent, as next someone will refuse to follow orders as Obama eats arugula or puts mustard on his hamburgers.
    I really would hate to see the military debase themselves on dislike of the commander in chief.
    The military should not have rescinded any orders, as apparently taxpayer dollars are going to pay this guy, whether deployed or not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually I just heard not only has the justice department strong armed his civilian employer into firing him, they just kicked him out of the army.,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast