Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

FEMA Plans To 'Relocate' Our Children

FEMA Announces Creation Of Children's Working Group

Release Date: August 4, 2009
    Release Number: HQ-09-094

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- While testifying before the Senate Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery today, the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator Craig Fugate announced the creation of a "Children's Working Group."

The working group will allow FEMA and its partners to explore and implement planning and response strategies specific to children throughout the agency and ensure that during a disaster the unique needs of children are not only considered, but fully integrated into how FEMA administers this support to states and the public.

"It is time for special needs populations, whether children or any other segment of our communities who have traditionally been underserved, to be more fully and consistently integrated into preparedness and planning efforts at every level of government," Administer Fugate said. "Children are a part of every community. We must understand and address their needs from the outset, recognizing that they are not simply small adults. That means not putting the considerations specific to children in a separate box, but incorporating them into our planning on the front end."

The Children's Working Group will be composed of FEMA employees across multiple directorates and offices to ensure coordination and action, and will report directly to the Office of the Administrator. The working group will be chaired by Tracy Wareing, counselor to Secretary Napolitano for FEMA.

Areas of focus of the Children's Working Group will include:

* Child-specific guidance as to evacuation, sheltering, and relocation;
    * Tracking and reunification of families;
    * Coordinated case management supports;
    * Enhanced preparedness for child care centers and schools as well as for children in child welfare and juvenile justice systems;
    * Enhanced national planning, including incorporation of children into national planning scenarios and exercises;
    * Incorporation of children's needs into grant guidance;
    * Improved recovery coordination across the federal family and with state and local partners in support of children's education, health and housing;
    * Consideration as to how the federal family can help ensure child care centers are able rebuild and restore services more quickly following a disaster, and;
    * Increased public awareness efforts to educate families and protect children during disasters.

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Modified: Tuesday, 04-Aug-2009 11:35:36

http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=49221
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

KATRINA STORY:

My family had evacuated to Rayne, LA at the civic Center wth our RV, I am a ham radio operator so I got drafted to set up and operate a ham station at the Center.

I was augmented by the Lafayette Amateur Radio Club, so we had a full response communication set up so with REFUGEES streaming in to the Cajundome and the Rayne Civic Center, we had folks streaming in and we had some Children who were seperated from their guardians or parents due to the buses and rescue squads loading up pell-mell out of New Orleans.

We had children seperated and urgent calls via Ham Radio were sent out to EOC in Baton Rouge about this and seperate call channel was set up (NET IN HAM PARLANCE) to facilitate this urgent problem. Child services in Louisiana tried to gear up, they had not thought it was possible to seperate parents and children (Lack of reality in chaos of SHTF) so much for Govt Planning. One set of kids was with an older sibling (14yrs old) with an 8, 5 and 2 yr old in tow, the Mother had sent them off with the first rescuer (LA DW&F) and the mother went with a followup rescue boat but the boats went to different areas and busses, the mother was sent to Baton Rouge (later discovered) and the father is with NOPD so I was able to speak with a ham back in NOLA and he located the father in Short Order but the Mother was MIA. The Father was relieved to know his kids were ok but the wife worried him, his kids were in good hands in Rayne so we told him not to worry, we would locate his wife and makesure they were reunited. The mother finally got with a missing persons computer program (There were way too many of these, real nightmare in itself), The shelter operator in Baton Rouge has put through a call on VHF Linked and we reunited that family and the wife finally talked to her husband! Is it needed, more than you could ever know, is DHS heartless, only if we fail to oversee them in a free country. Have you ever seen a child cry for its mother, I have and it is heart rendering.

FEMA could improve a few things.

Welcome, and great job, AcadienRefugee.....FEMA should hire you!!!

Re: FEMA Plans To 'Relocate' Our Children

* Improved recovery coordination across the federal family and with state and local partners in support of children's education, health and housing;
    Great post, AS7! What's this "federal family" Mafioso crap????? I guess after the "federal family" exterminates parents with the swine flu and/or toxic vaccinations, and completes the annihilation of our Constitution and society, they need some type of "federal regulations" for newly orphaned children!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamtnwoman
    Welcome, and great job, AcadienRefugee.....FEMA should hire you!!!
    FEMA is usually clueless, the real heroes are the volunteers who have a ground level view and report.

Me work for them, sorry I have a day job.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by AcadienRefugee
    FEMA is usually clueless, the real heroes are the volunteers who have a ground level view and report.

Me work for them, sorry I have a day job.

Thank you.

You're right!

Well good. A while back FEMA approved pets on the evacuation buses

so it's good to see that they have made plans to handle kids too.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

FEMA Announces Creation Of Children's Working Group

The Children's Working Group will be composed of FEMA employees . . .

. . . guidance as to evacuation or relocation during an emergency? . . .

74.39.184.126/vb/showthread.php?t=71913
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by AcadienRefugee
    KATRINA STORY:

My family had evacuated to Rayne, LA at the civic Center wth our RV, I am a ham radio operator so I got drafted to set up and operate a ham station at the Center.

I was augmented by the Lafayette Amateur Radio Club, so we had a full response communication set up so with REFUGEES streaming in to the Cajundome and the Rayne Civic Center, we had folks streaming in and we had some Children who were seperated from their guardians or parents due to the buses and rescue squads loading up pell-mell out of New Orleans.

We had children seperated and urgent calls via Ham Radio were sent out to EOC in Baton Rouge about this and seperate call channel was set up (NET IN HAM PARLANCE) to facilitate this urgent problem. Child services in Louisiana tried to gear up, they had not thought it was possible to seperate parents and children (Lack of reality in chaos of SHTF) so much for Govt Planning. One set of kids was with an older sibling (14yrs old) with an 8, 5 and 2 yr old in tow, the Mother had sent them off with the first rescuer (LA DW&F) and the mother went with a followup rescue boat but the boats went to different areas and busses, the mother was sent to Baton Rouge (later discovered) and the father is with NOPD so I was able to speak with a ham back in NOLA and he located the father in Short Order but the Mother was MIA. The Father was relieved to know his kids were ok but the wife worried him, his kids were in good hands in Rayne so we told him not to worry, we would locate his wife and makesure they were reunited. The mother finally got with a missing persons computer program (There were way too many of these, real nightmare in itself), The shelter operator in Baton Rouge has put through a call on VHF Linked and we reunited that family and the wife finally talked to her husband! Is it needed, more than you could ever know, is DHS heartless, only if we fail to oversee them in a free country. Have you ever seen a child cry for its mother, I have and it is heart rendering.

FEMA could improve a few things.
    Sweet! Another ham operator. I think everyone needs to get their ham license. I am KC5VIS by the way.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

FEMA: Information for Pet Owners
    Jun 4, 2009 ... Skip to content. FEMA.gov FEMA ... and hotels in the area you plan to evacuate to allow pets -- well in advance of needing them. ...
    www.fema.gov/plan/prepare/animals.shtm - Cached - Similar

FEMA: Are You Ready?

May 21, 2009 ... Find out which local hotels and motels allow pets and where pet boarding facilities are located. Be sure to research some outside your local ...
    www.fema.gov/areyouready/emergency_planning.shtm - Cached - Similar

Show more results from www.fema.gov

THE CARE OF PETS IN DISASTERS
    File Format: Microsoft Word
    Practice catching and transporting your cat in a crate and carrying it around the house. This will allow your pet to become familiar with the transport box. ...
    training.fema.gov/emiweb/downloads/is10_unit7.doc - Similar

FEMA policy on animals? : Animal Safety During Emergencies
    There is NO policy set by FEMA - it is usually a local policy about pets being allowed in shelters. Some shelters in Florida allow them & some don't so you ...
    forums.petswelcome.com/.../fema-policy-on-animals-t4.html
    NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast