Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Fla. Restaurant Sells $100 Hamburger

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00398.html

Fla. Restaurant Sells $100 Hamburger

The Associated Press
    Wednesday, June 21, 2006; 9:28 PM

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- A hundred bucks might buy you more than six dozen burgers from McDonald's, but the swanky Old Homestead Steakhouse will sell you one brawny beef sandwich for the same price.

Boca Raton Mayor Steven Abrams could barely speak between bites as he devoured the 20-ounce, $100 hamburger billed as the "beluga caviar of sandwiches."

"Heaven on a bun," restaurant owner Marc Sherry said.

The burger debuted Tuesday at the restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort and Club, where a membership costs $40,000 and an additional $3,600 a year.

"We've never had a hamburger on our menu here so we really wanted to go to the extreme," Sherry said, calling it "the most decadent burger in the world."

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents _ American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.

The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com

Meet the $100 Hamburger

BOCA RATON, FL(AP) - This definitely isn't a Big Mac. A restaurant in Florida has put a $100 hamburger on its menu, boasting the creation is the "Beluga caviar of sandwiches."

The patty at the Old Homestead Steakhouse features prime U.S., Japanese, and Argentinian beef mixed together, then sauteed with grape seed oil before being finished off in an oven. Lest you worry about getting a bang for your burger, the item weighs 20 ounces uncooked, and is served with exotic mushrooms, special ketchup and champagne. Cheese, if you like it, is free.

Owner Marc Sherry says the natural taste of the beef means seasonings are unnecessary.

Will people buy it? Sherry says he doesn't think the hundred-dollar price point will deter customers who want the very best. The meat is available by mail -- and Sherry says orders have
    already come in from singer Paul Anka and former Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just had to find a picture. I would have to take most of that home in a doggie bag or otherwise........

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But you rottie would help eat it and we have a cat that also likes hamburger so your kitty might take a nibble.

The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
    No sliced onion? No mustard? Make mine with lettuce, mustard, onion, sliced tomato ..maybe hold the mushrooms - give me some catsup and a nice deli pickle.

<puttin' on bib> and ordering doggie bag

Salsa is good on burgers too. Oh, waitress, are fries extra? :P

WHERE IS THE BEEF!!!?????
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

A hundred dollar burger cooked by a $5.15 an hour illegal alien with Hepatitis type C, no doubt. I wonder if the bill comes with medical coverage.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

LOL

Good one reptile09!

I like hardees angus burger!

To think that anyone no matter how rich would waste $100.00 on a hamburger is just total insanity!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Quote Originally Posted by MopheadBlue
    But you rottie would help eat it and we have a cat that also likes hamburger so your kitty might take a nibble.
    If I went out and paid a $100 on a burger the rottie isn't getting one bite of it. I'll stop off at a fast food joint and pick her up a burger. The way she gulps down food she wouldn't notice the difference anyway. The cats hate table scraps and prefer cat food or some of the critters they bring home and kill. Nothing like stepping outside the front porch and finding a bunch of half eaten animals mutilated beyond recognition.

Re: Fla. Restaurant Sells $100 Hamburger

My useless comments in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    "We've never had a hamburger on our menu here so we really wanted to go to the extreme," Sherry said, calling it "the most decadent burger in the world."

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents _ American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.

Now ain't they special!!!

Cheese, if you like it, is free.

A free perk for the rich.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

I always said
    "Some people got more money than brains"
    This is proof of it
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Don't want to spend a hundred dollars how about some of these alternatives?

http://www.usatoday.com

Cheeseburger couplings match 2 favorites
    Updated 6/23/2006 11:25 AM ET
    By Bruce Horovitz, USA TODAY
    Cheeseburger purists: Cringe now.
    The cheeseburger is flipping off the grill this summer. It's being stuffed into egg rolls and plopped atop salads at Bennigan's; layered on pizzas at Uno Chicago Grill; and — for the strong of stomach — crammed between Krispy Kreme doughnut halves at one stadium.

All in the name of making the nation's most popular entree seem new, again. Burgers have been the top entree order for 28 years, says Harry Balzer, trends watcher at NPD Group.

So, why not fuse 'em with other favorites? "If you can mix two favorites, the combination is more pleasurable than any one — as long as it's not grotesque," says Steven Witherly, a food scientist.

Recent cheeseburger pairings:

•Cheeseburger egg rolls. A promotion by Bennigan's Grill & Tavern of this $6.99 appetizer sizzled, so it gets a permanent menu slot in July, says Clay Dover, vice president of marketing. It is stuffed with ground beef, cheese, pickles, onions and mustard, and deep fried.

•Cheeseburger pizza. Uno Chicago Grill launched a Bacon Cheeseburger Deep Dish Pizza, topped with 6 ounces of grilled ground beef, pickles, mustard and ketchup. Locations are selling about 30 a day, "an unbelievable number for a new item," says CEO Frank Guidara.

•Cheeseburger doughnuts. The Gateway Grizzlies, an independent baseball league team in Sauget, Ill., started selling "Baseball's Best Burger" this month: a $4.50 cheeseburger with two strips of bacon grilled between a sliced Krispy Kreme doughnut. (The glazed sides are flipped to the inside for less mess.)

It comes to the plate with 1,000 calories and 45 grams of fat, but the Grizzlies are selling 150 a game, says team spokesman Jeff O'Neill. "People ask us what to put on it," says O'Neill. "We like to think it doesn't need anything."

•Cheeseburger tacos. Five kinds of $6.99 Cheeseburger Tacos are sold at Tin Star, a Dallas chain that has copyrighted the name, founder Rich Hicks says.

•Cheeseburger fingers. These deep-fried cheeseburger sticks, sold as appetizers in bars, restaurants and supermarkets, were created by Advance Food.

•Cheeseburger salad. Bennigan's tried a $7.99 cheeseburger salad, but it didn't make the cut. "Maybe it was a little 'out there' to sell a salad with a cheeseburger on top," says Dover.

An idea so "out there" it died in Bennigan's test kitchen: Cheeseburger Cones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast