Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Flash: Senate bailout vote on Wednesday

By Michelle Malkin
    • September 29, 2008 01:09 PM

It was just announced that the Senate bailout vote will take place on Wednesday, not later today.

That’s time.

Time is money. Your money.

Call your Senator: 202-224-3121.

WWMD?

What will McCain do?

Obama will return to Washington for the vote.
    http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/29/fl ... wednesday/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Flash: Senate bailout vote on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil

WWMD?

What will McCain do?

/
    Abstain!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    BURN THOSE PHONE LINES!!!!!!!!! LET THEM HEAR US ROAR!!!!

I think that they will get John McCain to try and change minds in support for this bill.

I have already been burning phone lines.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

MW
    GeorgiaPeach wrote:

I think that they will get John McCain to try and change minds in support for this bill.
    I thought both, Obama and McCain, supported the bailout. So are you saying McCain doesn't support the bailout bill in its current form? If so, that's good news to me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    GeorgiaPeach wrote:

I think that they will get John McCain to change minds in support for this bill.
    I thought both, Obama and McCain, supported the bailout. So are you saying McCain doesn't support the bailout bill in its current form? If so, that's good news to me.
    Both McCain and Obama said they supported the bill "cautiously" yesterday. I think they both thought it would pass and wanted to be on the winning side.

WWTDN?
    What will they do now?

I was just told by a staffer at Senator Burr's office that the Senate has no bill to vote on. Some action from the House needs to take place for a bill to come to the Senate for a vote. So, right now...there will be no vote in the Senate on a Financial Rescue Plan.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    I was just told by a staffer at Senator Burr's office that the Senate has no bill to vote on. Some action from the House needs to take place for a bill to come to the Senate for a vote. So, right now...there will be no vote in the Senate on a Financial Rescue Plan.
    Good! That's what I thought.

I'm sure they are going to try to push something through, but isn't Congress out of session for the rest of the year soon? I thought that was why there was such a sense of urgency. Does anyone know?

MW, I am not sure many have convictions, and who knows if John McCain is "fer it or agin" it.

His staffer is on Neil Cavuto and I think he may be for it or against it. Confused? So am I.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

It has been announced that the house will re-convene on Thursday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast