Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Florida Police Taser 11-Year-Old Girl

Florida Police Taser 11-Year-Old Girl

Web Editor: John Blunda, Associate Producer
    Created: 3/28/2008 12:56:35 PM

FLORIDA (NBC) -- The deputy shocked the student with the Taser gun after the student allegedly punched her in the face.

An altercation at a Florida elementary school ended with an 11-year-old girl being tasered and sent to the hospital on Thursday.

It happened at Moss Park Elementary in Orange County.

Authorities said the altercation happened during the school's morning announcements and both the student and the officer were injured.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said the student who was shocked was trying to push another student into oncoming traffic.

Other students went to teachers to report the incident.

"There should be guidance counselors. The principal should have been there to calm the child down instead of having an officer do it," parent Cherley Constant said.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said there were a few teachers around.

They said the 11-year-old shoved a desk and chair, started spitting at the teachers and refused to go to the principal's office.

"She was crying. She had tears coming down her face. She was bright red," student Taliesin Ploeg said of the girl who got shocked with a Taser gun.

The teachers called in the campus resource officer, but she said she was punched in the nose by the student.

That's when she used her Taser gun.

"I think they should be able to restrain the child without having to Taser the child, especially at such a young age," parent Brenda Aloiau said.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office demonstrated on a towel what it's like to be shocked with a Taser gun, and it said a Taser gun can be used on a child if he or she poses a threat, but it also depends on his or her size.

"The policy reads that, yes, you can Tase a student, if they are aggressive and also if they're fighting the officer. In this case, this student, it is my understanding she is approximately 5-foot-5", which is my height, and she is approximately 160 to 170 pounds, so this is a pretty big student," one official said.

"I think there's a lack of discipline in the schools, and unfortunately, it's led to a lot of problems in the public schools. Teachers aren't allowed to touch children, but when you have a situation like this, what do you do?" parent Sarah Miller said.

School officials are not commenting on the incident.

"They didn't say anything. I tried to find out, but nobody was talking," one parent said.

Parents received a letter Thursday calling the use of the Taser gun a "last resort action that was taken by the school resource officer."

The 11-year-old had to have the prongs from the Taser removed at the hospital, and she is going to be arrested and charged with battery on a law enforcement officer, disrupting a school function and resisting with violence.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/watercooler/a ... ryid=83671
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    she is going to be arrested and charged with battery on a law enforcement officer, disrupting a school function and resisting with violence.
    That is as it should be!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

unfortunately.. I agree this little girl was going through a meltdown
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In this case, this student, it is my understanding she is approximately 5-foot-5", which is my height, and she is approximately 160 to 170 pounds, so this is a pretty big student," one official said.
    That's bigger than me!!! Sorry....but a group hug isn't going to do much to calm down a kid that big. My daughter had a number of "uncontrollable" kids in her classes......it sometimes took 4 teachers to get them to the principles office. One threw my daughter from the top of the slide at recess....broke her arm so bad they said she was lucky she was young because she may have lost the use of her hand if she was older. These kids aren't shooting spit wads anymore.....they are doing permenant injury stuff. Not "childhood behavior" anymore.......if you aren't allowed to do anything....it is a shame a tazing was done.....but darn....when they're that out of control....someone needs to do something. Oh gee....sorry your kid was pushed in traffic and died....but we can't do anything to an out of control student.

I think they should be able to restrain the child without having to Taser the child, especially at such a young age," parent Brenda Aloiau said.
    How can you restrain a kid who's bigger than you? One you can't touch, can't say anything to, who won't listen.......mentally they may be a kid.....but that's not the size of what used to be a 11 yr. old!!!

Maybe they need to teach some good roping techniques.

This 11-year old belongs in jail..she has all of the makings of a felon

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I think they should be able to restrain the child without having to Taser the child, especially at such a young age," parent Brenda Aloiau said.
    How can you restrain a kid who's bigger than you? One you can't touch, can't say anything to, who won't listen.......mentally they may be a kid.....but that's not the size of what used to be a 11 yr. old!!!

Maybe they need to teach some good roping techniques.
    Goodword! She's the size of a mini linebacker! No wonder they had to taze her!

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    It might seem funny to you, Snapper, but this 'Cuda is dead serious. This girl however, might be beyond repair/rehab.