Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ford adds second shift at Brazil site

Ford adds second shift at Brazil site

Compiled from Herald News Services
    Published: Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ford Motor Co., the world's third- largest automaker, said it will add a second shift to increase truck output at a plant in Sao Bernardo do Campo, Brazil.

The investment of $204 million will boost daily production by 46 per cent to 172 units, the Brazilian unit said today.

Ford is hiring 400 workers for the second shift, which is expected to start production in January.

Ford is expanding in Brazil, India and elsewhere outside the U.S. as soaring oil prices dampen truck sales in the U.S.

© The Calgary Herald 2008

Link
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How nice for them.......wonder how soon it will be for me to see a huge drop in prices from all their savings? Wasn't Fords claim to fame having an affordable car than his employees could afford to buy? Right now it seems it would be 3 or 4 years of their total income or so to get one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Never a price drop, just like taxes when revenue leaves,, suck it up, unless your a federal/state employee that lives off our backs, then you can buy your new car/SUV.

Never a price drop, just like taxes when revenue leaves,, suck it up, unless your a federal/state employee that lives off our backs, then you can buy your new car/SUV.
    So true. And nope, no state or federal employee. Not a minority (or so they say) and not related to anyone with ties. Atleast that's the criteria here. Oh, and I don't speak Spanish.

Trust me . I'm never buy another Ford . My youngest son got a piece of my mind the other day when he drove up in a F150 he was test driving..Oh Boy did i ever tell him the dirt on Ford . He says to me "Dad, your living in the pass !" . Son i may be ,but if you don't listen you'll have no pass to live thur . It will be stolen from you and your new baby . Kids are hard headed as hell
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*