Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Former Rep. Taylor gives non-answer to Republicans on whethe

Former Rep. Taylor gives non-answer to Republicans on whether he will run
    by Clarke Morrison
    published August 22, 2007 10:38 am
    Read all 8 comments »
    e-mail this
    Print this

HENDERSONVILLE – Western North Carolina Republicans still don’t have an answer on whether former U.S. Rep. Charles Taylor will run to regain the seat in Congress he held for 16 years.

The Henderson County Republican Men’s Club passed a resolution earlier this month asking the Brevard Republican to decide soon whether to challenge Democratic Rep. Heath Shuler in the 2008 election. Members said they need to know so they can decide whether to field another candidate.
    Advertisement

But Taylor responded with a non-answer in a letter to club President Philip Stanley. Taylor said he appreciated Stanley’s “kind remarks,â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Although Shuler has not been in office long, for a Democrat he seems ok on illegal immigration (at least so far). For example, he is one of only a few Dems that is a member of the Immigration Reform Caucus:

http://www.house.gov/bilbray/irc/members.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Although Shuler has not been in office long, for a Democrat he seems ok on illegal immigration (at least so far). For example, he is one of only a few Dems that is a member of the Immigration Reform Caucus:

http://www.house.gov/bilbray/irc/members.shtml
    I dont like him on his Free Trade or Real ID issues. He seems to do what the party wants him to do. I would run against him if I thought I could win or had the $$.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)