Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Once the baby can walk to the fridge on their own, it might be a good idea to start pumping instead. It just sets the child up for ridicule. I don't think that the aide was being dirty, I think the kid was acting out of the ordinary. Although people who are in agreement with Le Leche may support this "instinct", I don't think the general population understands or even agrees with it. There are many other ways a child and mother can bond, it does not need to be done in this way.

[
    quote="Neese"]Once the baby can walk to the fridge on their own, it might be a good idea to start pumping instead. It just sets the child up for ridicule. I don't think that the aide was being dirty, I think the kid was acting out of the ordinary. Although people who are in agreement with Le Leche may support this "instinct", I don't think the general population understands or even agrees with it. There are many other ways a child and mother can bond, it does not need to be done in this way.
    [/quote]

To hold a baby or small child to you chest is the usually way of bonding. The heart beat of the mother is soothing. In many countries and tribal customs the child is straped to the chest or back while the mother is working.
    When a babies is first born the doctor places the baby on the chest.
    I believe to think like the aide was dirty. I do not think the child was acting out of the ordinary or was a sign of abuse.
    It is not unusually for a four year old to be breast fed.
    People are afraid to hold their children close because of child abuse.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_ ... nding.html

http://www.islamicschool.net/articles/12tips.htm

To hold a baby or small child to you chest is the usually way of bonding. The heart beat of the mother is soothing. In many countries and tribal customs the child is straped to the chest or back while the mother is working.
    When a babies is first born the doctor places the baby on the chest.
    I believe to think like the aide was dirty. I do not think the child was acting out of the ordinary or was a sign of abuse.
    It is not unusually for a four year old to be breast fed.
    People are afraid to hold their children close because of child abuse.
    I know in the big scheme of things we are going to agree to disagree, but I wanted to expand on what I said earlier. I completetly agree that it is okay to breastfeed or hold your child to your chest. It is also important to teach your child appropriate behavior outside of the house. It is a sad reality that there are people out there who will molest our children, given the chance. I think it is important to teach our kids at a young age that people can't touch them in certain places, even if it is a teacher. I don't have a problem with parents holding their children close, but isn't necessary for strangers to do it, so children need to be taught limits. Times have changed, I don't like it, but that is just the way it is. What motive would the teachers aide have to "write up" a little kid? I don't think the child was negligent, but I do think that something unusual happened, and it probably happened more than once, otherwise the school would not publicly set themselves up to be ridiculed. I am still trying to understand the purpose of breastfeeding a child longer than six months to a year. Some say nutrients...breast milk can be pumped. Some say bonding...you can sit down and talk with your child, read a book, play a boardgame. I almost think that breast feeding for an excessively long time is an indicator that the Mom is insecure. If it is a head to heart thing, she can still snuggle with her child. I don't know a single person who would not cringe at the thought of telling their friends that they were breast fed until age four. It just seems wrong.

Thats what happens when inmates are allowed to run the asylum.

[
    quote="jean"]Well, Mayday, many of us do have our opinions often based from personal experience. Shoot, I recall when I was young my grandma would hug me and my face got smothered, well, you know where a 4 yr olds head would be. Yes, kids can pick up on things nowadays but I still believe chances are this boy was only showing affection. I recall talking to teachers about how sad they felt they could no longer hug the little ones. Students and teachers can't show affection anymore and yet tv shows everything!
    [/quote]

Preschoolers needs hugs because they have been separated from the mothers. We need a "need a hug day".
    What is the world coming to when a teacher cannot hug a child. I hugged and buried my face in a lot of teachers and big fat aunts and grannys. My grand children, ages 18, 14 and 19 still expect those hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    There has to be more to this story. I do believe the child is innocent based on age, but the parents probably are not. This kid may have been exposed to sexual abuse. Did anyone ses the kid on Bill O'Reilly who was in trouble for calling his teacher sexy? Bill questioned him, and it was obvious that the word was being used loosely in his home. Again...not the kids fault, the parents lead by example.
    How can the child be innocent and the parents have a problem. Could it be because it is a black family. I believe if this had been a while child there would not have been all the hype. Just because the child huged his teacher he has been expose to sexual abuse. Unbelievable. Why does there have to be more to the story? The child buried his head in the teachers chest. sure, sexual abuse?

Educators should not be afraid of "normal" touching, as it is another positive gesture or affirmation that they can give. It is important to realize, however, that what is considered "normal" varies between individuals and is affected by such factors as personal experience and cultural background. Touching is always a concern if it is done in secrecy or isolation from others or for the sexual gratification of the educator. Children need to be informed and empowered about what is appropriate and inappropriate touching.1. 7 Prevention programs are now designed to inform children about good, bad, and confusing touch. "Good touch" usually refers to hugs, encouraging pats, and other positive gestures. It is important to remember that people may interpret these gestures differently. For example, some people prefer not to be hugged; for them this is not "good touching." "Bad touch" usually refers to hitting, punching, biting, and other acts that hurt. "Confusing touch" refers to contact that may not feel quite right to children. For instance, the child may feel that the touch lasts too long or is different in some way from the way in which other children are touched.
    Once children are informed about "good," "bad," or "confusing" touch, respect for children requires that they be given permission to express their feelings about receiving such touches. Children who are trained to recognize how certain touches feel to them and who are encouraged to express their feelings should be allowed to tell the teacher when something does not feel good. Certainly, no child should be made to feel solely responsible for his or her own protection. This training, however, may help children to feel more confident and comfortable talking with adults about potentially inappropriate touch.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/userma ... catorb.cfm

God forbid he didn't kiss her. In some cultures it is custom to greet each other with a kiss.
    Rom 16;16...Greet one another wth a holy kiss.

Dyehard, are you toying with me?

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    God forbid he didn't kiss her. In some cultures it is custom to greet each other with a kiss.
    We're not living in "some cultures", we are living in the USA. Regular hugs are not necessary at school, let alone the ones where you are getting suffocated in someone's chest.
    I hugged and buried my face in a lot of teachers and big fat aunts and grannys. My grand children, ages 18, 14 and 19 still expect those hugs.
    At the age that your grandchildren are, why do they still expect a "chest hug"? They are tall enough to avoid that situation. No where in your example of "good hugging" suggests burying your face in cleavage.Why do you think that the child comes from a black family? Because their name is "Blackwell"? What does the school have to gain by making an accusation?

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Dyehard, are you toying with me?

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39

We're not living in "some cultures",
    we are living in the USA. Regular hugs are not necessary at school, let alone the ones where you are getting suffocated in someone's chest.
    [quote:1fb53hl7]I hugged and buried my face in a lot of teachers and big fat aunts and grannys. My grand children, ages 18, 14 and 19 still expect those hugs.
    At the age that your grandchildren are, why do they still expect a "chest hug"? They are tall enough to avoid that situation. No where in your example of "good hugging" suggests burying your face in cleavage.Why do you think that the child comes from a black family? Because their name is "Blackwell"? What does the school have to gain by making an accusation?
    [/quote:1fb53hl7]

many different cultures live in the USA.
    It does not matter how old the children are there is still chest to chest hugs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast